I've received feedback that the FAQ post has gotten too hard to follow because of individual complaints/requests for the update. So I am starting this new thread to strictly collect feedback on post Froyo update performance issues/bugs.
If you have already upgraded to the latest 3.18 (unlocked) or 3.19 (O2 locked) versions of Dell Froyo and you have a consistent issue or bug, please post it here. Please include which version of Froyo you have, what you have done to troubleshoot the issue and if you have already tried a factory restore.
First consideration will be given to those issues/bugswhich affect more than one person and that we can duplicate.
Here are the issues I have found so far on my US Unlocked Streak under Froyo 318 build:
1. Can't merge any contacts together. I can separate them but not merge that includes regular created contacts and also when trying to merge facebook contacts into regular contacts. I get a contact not saved message and it has be try to create a new one.
2. While not a bug but more a performance issue the 720p video recording is sub-par. The FPS at which it records makes it almost unusable to record at that setting. Hopefully that can be adjusted and improved upon.
Thats all I have noticed thus far.
When I go to get my update, I'm told that it isn't available. I'm on Rogers, when will the update work for me?
Thats not what this thread is for. Please don't start asking when you will get the update in this thread it is for bug reports for those that do have the update already.
You acknowledge that there are complaints, you refuse to address them. You open a support thread regarding 2.2 yet many people still don't have it yet. You take the time to browbeat me, instead of using the same effort to tell us just what is going on.
Look, I'm not happy with Rogers' service either. But I'll help you understand now, as a Canadian, we have little recourse with little option. The least you can do is in the other thread say why things are taking so long.
But please, let's stop dancing around and wasting all this energy trying to hide the fact that either Dell or Rogers are being less than honest.
I've just updated my Streak (O2, UK) and, having restored as instructed, now have no contacts. All of my contacts were input by hand, not synced from Google or anything like that. The prospect of trying to gather them again is really upsetting. I've had to do that twice in recent times for different reasons and it takes FOREVER. What's more, the information is obviously somewhere because when I placed the SmartCall widget on my home page, it remembers names and numbers. So - how do I get at that info? Please, even if you don't know, a response to that end would be great. There's no point asking for feedback if it goes unanswered.
I'm on the O2 version (kernel 220.127.116.11-perf / Build 12792).
1) Front facing camera does not seem to be functional/accessible from anywhere. Certainly the camera/video app does not appear to have any option to use it. Irritating as it's therefore a useless feature.
2) During a call, while held to my ear, the screen goes blank - as before. If the call lasts for more than a few minutes then it's very hard to get the screen to come back again in order to use the keypad, or even to end the call. Repeated tapping on the screen seems to do it but it can take 5 seconds or more to get the screen back again, which is again a little frustrating.
3) 720p recording is very jerky and therefore basically unusable, framerate seems very low.
4) As of yesterday (about 1 week after the upgrade) I have started to find the device randomly switched off or stuck on the Dell logo screen. Battery is fine. Device had been absolutely fine, with screen off and screen lock on. Happened twice today - first time the device was completely off and non-responsive. Had to remove and replace the battery in order to bring it back to life. Second time (about 20 minutes ago), I picked it up to find it on the Dell logo bootscreen, again completely unresponsive requiring battery removal and replacement. No idea what is causing it as I'm not seeing it happening, and nothing strange or exotic running on the phone.
5) It seems like the Exchange sync does not support the security features required by many organisations (seems to be a wider Eclair & Froyo issue, but still very frustrating), so the device cannot be used to sync with corporate email - seems slightly self defeating as it closes off a big section of the market...
PS: Bought in July 2010 and been very happy indeed with everything until now. Just these few issues since the 2.2 upgrade...
Got my front facing camera working (try a factory reset) when in the camera app hit the menu button and there should be an option to switch to the front facing camera.
Can you try merging contacts and see if you can do it on yours? I can't merge any contacts.
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
I have an unlocked running 3.18.
The headphone jack volume is Horrible!! I can’t listen to music on my Streak because when the volume is at max the music is not loud at all. If I plug in external speakers and increase the volume on the speakers there is so much noise I can’t listen.
I posted a thread asking for help, after no response I went to the xda-development forum looking for help and counted at least 20 people with the same issue.
I really hope there is an update to fix this issue soon. There are no apps that help with the problem without causing a great deal of noise.