Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2014 16:00

Tablet Keyboard for Dell Venue Pro 11 already dead...

Not sure if this is just a bad keyboard or not, but my tablet keyboard (not the slim one) is not working at all.  I have tried restarting the computer, disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard.  I get no response from it at all.  Anyone else running into this issue or know what is going on?

January 26th, 2014 06:00

So I got a hold of technical support and they got it working again. I thought for sure that my keyboard went bad. Luckily I was wrong.  I haven't had any problems since. Basically they updated the touch panel drivers, chipset drivers, and the bios. After a few restarts everything was working like a charm.  You can find those drivers on the dell support page. Let us know of this helps you out.

2 Posts

January 21st, 2014 19:00

There's quite a few postings and forum threads on the Venue Pro 11 Travel Keyboard not functioning properly - the trackpad on my keyboard went dead, but the rest of keyboard works fine. I worked with Dell Support on one occasion to tweak registry settings, but that approach didn't work - now waiting to hear from Dell on my return request. This keyboard seems to have a variety of issues....

17 Posts

January 26th, 2014 05:00

I'm having.the same problem, my keyboard jut stopped working completely

17 Posts

January 26th, 2014 06:00

ITS WORKING FINE NOW. Thank you soo much

March 6th, 2014 15:00

Yes--same issue plus additional ones with the Venue Pro 11. Purchased Venue in mid December, 2013.  Dell first replaced the keyboard when it didn't work. They eventually sent the tablet to their Dell "Heaven" in Texas for repair.  Shipped it back in a day and said they could only find an issue with the Software and replaced it.  Still had issues.  Called Dell again --maybe 12 times now--and they wanted to replace the tablet with a refurbished one.  It was brand new when I purchased it and had problems with it until mid February when I told them to send me a NEW one or a refund. They gave me a new Tablet but said the keyboard should be fine.  Received the new one last week--March 1, 2014.  Had to call Dell twice already with issues.  Tablet shut down by itself today.  Power issue? The tech downloaded updated  Bios and driver. Tech said the keyboard is having problems recognizing the tablet or vice-versa?   They said try this for a while.  Call if you have any problems.  Well what the _ell do they think I've been doing.

Techs have told me that Dell is aware they have issues with this product and are correcting issues almost weekly.  Constant updates.  How does the consumer know that we are supposed to download these driver updates?  They told me to check for updates periodically. It is not automatic like my laptop.

In nine months my warranty expires..Then what do I do?  They didn't restart my warranty with the new Tablet.

One good thing about all these issues.  The tech people are teaching me quite a bit of tech support techniques and I'm learning a new language...Haha

No Events found!