Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2013 04:00

Targus Keyboard Work-In Case for Dell Latitude 10 - How to purchase?

Recently purchased a Latitude 10 Essential and need a cover/keyboard for it. There are 2 different ones listed on the Dell site. I have already purchased the Kensington but it does not have openings for the camera even though the description states that it does have cutouts for both of the cameras. I do not understand how it can state features and not have them on the product. There is no way that I am going to take an Exacto and cut a hole in this case.

I would really like to buy the Targus Work-In Case for the Latitude 10. I have read alot of reviews on it and even found a video of it on Youtube and it is exactly what I am looking for. The only problem is that it is only an option if you purchase from the Work side of Dell.com and I purchased mine on the Home side. I have found it listed but there is no price, only a button to click to see the price and it does not work.

The LINK<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>is<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Can someone tell me where and how to purchase the Targus Keyboard Case? And a price would be nice.

I would also like to find out what Stylus will work with the Latitude 10 Essential. It does not matter if it is Dell branded or not.

Thanks

2 Posts

October 14th, 2013 21:00

That Targus Keyboard Case seems a little tough to find/order.

I spent weeks surfing, checking computer stores, even Targus reps. Seems Dell is the only source.

Ordered mine by speaking directly with sales rep. He fast tracked and I received in 10 days. List is $99, but everyone seems to get a discount, you should get something between $77 and $89. I also snagged free delivery.

I have had mine for about a month. It's a great product. I wish it had some sort of mouse/pad configuration/settings capability. I like to disable the tap, which seems impossible to do, so I tend to copy directories where I don't mean to copy them. The keyboard is very sensitive to your body's energy. I find just by typing "d" and "h" will often cause a mouse click, usually repositioning the keyboard. This is worse in Bluetooth mode than USB cable mode.

But, having use other bluetooth and USB combo keyboards, this one is easiest by far, except on magnetic surfaces where it tends to get glued down. I rank it 8 out of 10.

And I am holding out hope for some sort of settings/config function some day.

October 15th, 2013 05:00

I ordered mine on Sept 27 and today, I got a notice that there is a delay in delivery and will be delivered Oct 29.

I'm looking forward to getting it (eventually). As the other person in this thread posted, I was able to order it for $76 (via a coupon found at one of the many online coupon sites) and snag free delivery.

I would assume that when they finally get a steady supplier stream, they'll post it for sale again.

5 Posts

October 18th, 2013 18:00

I ordered mine on 22 Sep. and it's been delayed to 28 Oct.

I think it is discontinued, there's the new Venue series soon..

940 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 02:00

I called a little over a week ago and ordered it on the phone. The rep would not let me use any coupon codes or even give a discount. It cost me $97 and I have an expected delivery date od 10/24. I am really hoping that it does not get discontinued because my wife does not want to use the tablet without the case & keyboard. I could have save a bunch of money and just gotten her a newer netbook or small laptop. But I like to keep her happy.

I agree that it is impossible to find the case anyplace other than Dell and it is real hard to find it on the Dell site.

32 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 13:00

I can highly recommend one of the generic "BLACK Synthetic Leather Case with Keyboard for 10.1" Windows 7, android Tablet" on ebay / Amazon for under £7.49 delivered which is what I'm using when I need to type and / or be in real work mode. I have had it for about 7 weeks now and it's still pleases me when I use it.

I do like the look of the Targus one (as well as some other Kensington ones) and the fact they are bluetooth means I wouldn't have the USB port blocked as with the above cheap one when using the keyboard but for £70 less I can live with this :emotion-2:

I would suggest give the above cheapo one a go and then if you really use it then you can easily justify the Targus one.

5 Posts

October 24th, 2013 06:00

Mine delayed again from 28 Oct to 5 Nov. :(

940 Posts

October 26th, 2013 01:00

Delayed until 11/4....

I have looked at several of the cheap cases available and unfortunately none of them have the cutout in the back of the case for the camera and I am not going to cut the case to use the camera. I really liked the Kensington case with the Bluetooth keyboard but returned it because of the lack of cutouts. It worked very well otherwise.

I just wish that Dell would have made the keyboard/dock from the XPS 10 tablet work for the Latitude 10. It uses the same 40 pin plug and has a nice battery inside that would really make the Latitude 10 much nicer. If I could find one someplace cheap I would buy it and remove the 2 locking latches so that I could use it with the Latitude 10. We had an XPS 10 and the only thing we did not like was RT.

So we all sit and wait and hope that the Targus actually ships.

940 Posts

November 1st, 2013 00:00

jeffsalzman

Did you get yours yet?

My delivery date is still 11/4 as of now but it is still showing "In production". I have 2nd day delivery so it would have to ship today. Tried calling about it but after spending 2 hours trying to get someone on the phone I gave up. Sent an email to order support 2 days ago with no response and sent another today.

I am now past the return period on the tablet so I am now a happy camper at this point.

5 Posts

November 1st, 2013 16:00

I got another delay email 11/4 to 11/7. I hope this is the last delay..

November 1st, 2013 20:00

I did not get mine yet, either. But I also received the 10/7 estimated delivery date.

940 Posts

November 2nd, 2013 00:00

About 2:00 am I got an automated email that it is still delayed, now mine has been pushed out to 11/18. I still have not gotten any reply from any of the emails I have sent.

November 3rd, 2013 08:00

I am very interested in this case as well.  How were you able to order it?

Did you have to call in to Dell to order this?

940 Posts

November 4th, 2013 01:00

yes I had to call. I originaly found it by looking at the "Dell Work" side and this case was the case that shipped standard with the Latitude 10. Here is the info you will need to give when you call:  Manufacturer Part# : THZ220US,  Dell Part# : A7024458

I have seen a video on youtube showing the case and it is very nice. I just hope that I will get one at some time.

November 4th, 2013 05:00

Any idea why it keeps being delayed?

Thanks for the info.

2 Posts

November 4th, 2013 22:00

I just received an email that mine has shipped!   I too have been waiting for quite a while for my order.   Hopefully all of yours are on the way too!

No Events found!