Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2017 09:00

UEFI system password reset on Dell Venue 8 tablet

Hello everyone,

I created a 'system password' through the BIOS/UEFI menu for a Venue 8 tablet, and I've forgotten it (still know my Windows 8 login, no worry there). How would the sys password be reset?

June 19th, 2017 02:00

Hi JamesM01,

Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed.

Do reach back for any query.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2017 16:00

Hello Akshatha,

Thank you for your response. My tablet is out of warranty, and I'd really like just a brief description of getting it reset, either by opening the tablet cover and flipping motherboard switches, or maybe using a USB drive to boot 'around' it.

But, with the system password set, I cannot even get into UEFI/BIOS anymore like done before with holding down the Win+VolumeDown keys...can you please provide a hint or link to an article on Dell's site here?

Best regards,

James

June 26th, 2017 07:00

Hi JamesM01,

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

March 27th, 2020 09:00

I’m not able to get past my administrator password any help 

1 Message

May 6th, 2020 14:00

Hi, 

I have the same issue, years ago I set system password which I don't remeber now,

I even cannot enter bios system,

can you please help me? 

Thank you very much

BR,

Adam

1 Message

August 3rd, 2021 21:00

Hi,

I have the same issue.  I got a Venue 8 pro Windows Tablet that has an administrator/system password on it and will not boot into Windows.  I cannot preform a hard reset on it without being able to bypass it.  I can provide any Dell service tech with information to prove that I have ownership of it.  I just need to know what information I need to give for proof.  Thanks!

1 Message

March 31st, 2022 16:00

I need help 

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2024 06:45

@JamesM01​ hi can u help me with my dell tablet issue

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2024 06:46

@DELL-Akshatha M​ system admin password screen and I cant bypass for anything

No Events found!