Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2011 21:00

USB Tethering Driver

Where can I get the driver needed to USB tether my Streak 5 with a windows PC.  The drivers on the download site work for accessing the Streak through USB as a drive but not for tethering.  Can someone at Dell please check into this for me.  I need the USB tethering driver for my Unlocked Streak 5

April 15th, 2011 15:00

That is nice that no one took the time to answer this question ;)

Where can I get the driver needed to USB tether my Streak 5 with a windows PC.  The drivers on the download site work for accessing the Streak through USB as a drive but not for tethering.  Can someone at Dell please check into this for me.  I need the USB tethering driver for my Unlocked Streak 5

119 Posts

April 17th, 2011 18:00

Yeh and I doubt support would be any help.  They never seemed to know anything about the streak when I talked to them before.

April 18th, 2011 11:00

HELLOOOOOO DELL.... anybody home???

I've had no problem using PdaNet on my past 4 phones and can't get it to work on this streak because there is no driver for it.

I notice several other similar question related to this was asked and ALL were ignored by Dell.

I have one week left before my 30 days is up and if I can't get my streak to USB Tethering, then I'm taking it back and will get another brand phone.

This is my first Dell phone and may well be the last.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2011 02:00

Try Easy tether available in android market for phone  & for pc download directly from easy tether website. It is available free for windows(32/64bit) xp, vista, 7

119 Posts

April 23rd, 2011 14:00

I've used that but never got the usb tethering working with that on windows XP.  I will boot into my Win7 partition and see if works but if I recall correctly I never got usb tethering to work.

119 Posts

April 23rd, 2011 14:00

Try Easy tether available in android market for phone  & for pc download directly from easy tether website. It is available free for windows(32/64bit) xp, vista, 7

I'm not using some extra programs when it its built-in android.  Just have to find the right driver or get on Dell's case.

No Events found!