Highlighted
LittleB69
1 Copper

RE: Unable to install new A09 BIOS for Dell Venue Pro 7130

Jump to solution
So I am back... same problem as before. I am totally unable to update my BIOS. It is excat the same problem. BIOS downloads.. setup runs and then it reboots to A06. No errors and faults at all. Just downloads, install and then reboot...? Reset my BIOS to default as descibed before and have no specific enables on OS level. So i am stuck on A06.. 😞
0 Kudos
LittleB69
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Should have mentioned that this is now the A10 BIOS that faults.
0 Kudos
LittleB69
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Still looking for a solution? Is there any way I can force the BIOS update? There is no difference trying from Windows or from the BIOS. install run and tablet boots to same BIOS as before 😞
0 Kudos
Mini4x
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Have same issue.

We have 6 of these..  All "born" with A05.- will not upgrade.

0 Kudos
Dixonism
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue. I cannot update from A10 to either A11 or A12 Besides, I can't wake up the screen from sleep and it takes around 25 seconds for the Dell logo to show up during start up. I was expecting solving these problems through updating the bios. Now, I have no idea what to do. Black screen, random freezes, etc have been solved by updating the touch panel and Samsung LCD updates. But not being able to use the sleep mode while the having the slow starting up time is a disaster for this thing to use as a tablet.
0 Kudos
drspinmagic
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Exactly the same problem with mine. I have tried all versions of the BIOS I can get for my 7130 both updating using the .exe in Win 8.1 and the flash update utility in BIOS. I am stuck on A10 forever. I was hoping the updated BIOS would fix the issue with it not sleeping and turning off instead.

0 Kudos
stone3t
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Stuck at A06, still no solution...

0 Kudos
fsyth
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How is there still no fix for this issue?  Dell is really dropping the ball here.

Jump to solution

We have units in Intel's hands for this issue and they can reproduce.  They are working towards a solution but still don't have one yet.   For now, the only solution if you have this problem (which is not common at all by the way) is a system exchange.

Apologies.

0 Kudos
stone3t
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear All, Brian,

I managed to flash my Venue Pro 11 (7130, i5 vPro) to A13 BIOS which was stuck on A10 until yesterday; I don’t know which step triggered the switch that enabled the flash, so I thought I should just tell everyone what I did:

1) I tore down system right to the bare motherboard, and removed the motherboard from the chassis and disconnected the CMOS battery.

2) I reinstalled the motherboard to the chassis, but left the SSD card, WiFi card, WAN card, Speakers’ cable and Vibrating motor’s cable outside/unconnected.

3) I powered on the system on the docking station, with CMOS battery and main battery both unconnected, then I powered it off.

4) I reconnected the CMOS battery and installed the main battery, put the machine on the docking station, and connected a USB drive on the dock with A13 BIOS file saved in it.

5) I powered on the system, use the volume keys to change the boot mode to Legacy, and reboot.

6) I used the volume keys to enter the BIOS flash utility, chose the A13 BIOS file that saved in my USB drive. (Note: the SSD is still outside of the machine, I did not entre Windows/DOS, I only used the upper volume key to enter the boot manual, and selected the BIOS update function)

7) The machine rebooted and the flash utility initiated as normal. The Intel Management Engine update part was stuck at 84% for approx. 2 minutes but continued as usual, don’t panic.

😎 The machine rebooted and I confirmed the BIOS has successfully updated to A13, and then I reinstalled all the components I left out, machine functioned like a dream, all problems (exclamation marks in device manager, 25 seconds boot freeze etc.) all gone!

I suspect the keys of the success are CMOS battery disconnection, Flash from BIOS utility without SSD, WiFi card, WAN card (if present) connected. Anyone who would like to give it a try can try these without the removal of motherboard from the frame, however in order to access the CMOS battery you may need to remove the bottom case frame, which isn’t particularly easy due to multiple plastic clips. (I broke mine, and would like to know if I can get a replacement frame at a reasonable cost? But anyway, if this solved everyone’s problem, it was a frame well worth to break!)