Devious93
Not applicable

RE: Unable to install new A09 BIOS for Dell Venue Pro 7130

Jump to solution

My camera has now stopped working aswell (many reports of this on the forum) and my charger has stopped charging properly too since then, it'll charge but not at the same rate it discharges whilst in use.

My ME is indeed corrupted however unfortunately due to acquiring the tablet through my previous place of employment and having them flash hundreds of the things which wiped the service tag numbers from them and the white sticker off the back had cheap ink which rubbed off within the first month of ownership I can't speak to Dell support as they'll refuse to speak to me without the service tag or point me in the direction of a service centre to get the motherboard replaced/flashed to resolve the issue.

Is there anything else you can suggest as I'm at my wits end with this device.

0 Kudos
tanawat
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I managed to flash my Venue 11 7130 vPro model from A14 to A15 by follow STONE3T post. Have been stupidly wait for Dell to reply my ticket for 3 weeks but nothing happen. 

0 Kudos
DMMerch
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I can verify that the solution posted by Stone3t has worked for me (disconnecting the CMOS battery).  Too bad it requires disassembly of the back case which may be too advanced for average users.

I had all the symptoms / problems described by posts all over Dell's sites as well as others: can't update BIOS, unit won't sleep, etc. Corrupt ME was the key. (Intel Management Engine firmware)  Stupid thing is: it was corrupted through Dell's own updates.

Calling the repair depot, or any other Dell support (and being transferred 5+ times, waiting on hold for hours) was utterly useless as they refused to help because my unit was "out of warranty" even though some had mentioned there was a recall on it.

I'm now updated to A15 and through all windows updates and everything appears to be working fine again.  No thanks to Dell support who refuse to share the answer.

I will not be buying any Dell mobile devices in the near future.

EFyodor
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have the same issue.
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 (vPro) 256GB, bios A13.

I have tried to install A14(7130vPro_A14.exe) and A15(7130vPro_A15.exe). Both do nothing. There are not any visible errors. The installation completes, the tablet is rebooted and the bios is A13 still.

How to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
DMMerch
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Your ME is corrupt.  You must pop the the small coin cell battery on the motherboard (disassembly required) and that should reset it so a Bios update will then take.  See posts from above on exact procedure and Google how to take apart. It's tricky, and the batteries plug is ever so tiny.  Getting the side buttons (volume & power) to line up properly again was difficult for me.  Good luck.

Highlighted
EFyodor
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks. I realised that already.
The solution posted by Stone3t was helpfull too.

It is enough just a little open the middle frame at the middle top close to the CMOS battery to disconnect it from the motherboard.
I used a small pincers to disconnect the CMOS battery cable and a needle to connect it to the motherboard.

So, it is not needed to remove the middle frame completelly and also it is not needed to disconnect cables, wifi, ssd etc.

Devious93
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Well one year later and my tablet is still being used as a paper weight. Attempted fix listed fails. Original dell charger only charges at 3W and not 24W now too.

The tablet was flashed from Landesk when I received this  from the company I used to work at which wiped all service tag information so Dell support refuses to assist me or replace the motherboard even though there was a product recall for this model as there's a fault with their motherboards. The previous company I worked at refuses to help either so a service tag is impossible to acquire.

The keyboard add on with built in battery rarely ever works too now, the webcam has also stopped working.

I'll be getting rid of mine on Ebay and buying a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 at this rate.

0 Kudos
Yoori
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and can not update BIOS any more. Is there a solution where you can disconnect the cmos battery via a software manipulation without having to open the whole tablet case?

0 Kudos
EFyodor
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yoori,

There is not a way to disconnect the battery through the a software.

Please, read my previous comment. It is not needed to open the entire tablet to disconnect the battery.

0 Kudos
sappiajk
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am trying to update my BIOS so that I can install windows 10.  I do not want to take apart the whole machine, but I can't see the plug you are referring to disconnect the CMOS battery from the motherboard. 

Can you explain more where the plug is?

Is there any other way to get the BIOS to update?

Thanks

0 Kudos