Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2014 06:00

Unable to install new A09 BIOS for Dell Venue Pro 7130

Validated that I am using the correct Bios.. :-)

Scenarios:

Downloaded the new Bios and executed it, install comes up and warns me that it will need power and so forth and install runs. When the machine reboots it is still on A06

Started the flash tool in Bios and the install runs very quickly and returns me to Windows 8 and is stil on A06

What to do?

Side question: Is there something speciel set in the bios regarding boot. Ever since i reset the Bios to default (A06) i have been bugged with starting problems?

828 Posts

February 10th, 2015 09:00

If the system seems to flash but then reboots and still has the same BIOS version as before, you likely have a corrupt ME.   This can be resolved at the depot now.

Try this 800-308-3355 option 3.

14 Posts

February 12th, 2015 19:00

My camera has now stopped working aswell (many reports of this on the forum) and my charger has stopped charging properly too since then, it'll charge but not at the same rate it discharges whilst in use.

My ME is indeed corrupted however unfortunately due to acquiring the tablet through my previous place of employment and having them flash hundreds of the things which wiped the service tag numbers from them and the white sticker off the back had cheap ink which rubbed off within the first month of ownership I can't speak to Dell support as they'll refuse to speak to me without the service tag or point me in the direction of a service centre to get the motherboard replaced/flashed to resolve the issue.

Is there anything else you can suggest as I'm at my wits end with this device.

1 Message

May 27th, 2015 01:00

I managed to flash my Venue 11 7130 vPro model from A14 to A15 by follow STONE3T post. Have been stupidly wait for Dell to reply my ticket for 3 weeks but nothing happen. 

3 Posts

June 28th, 2015 15:00

Hello,

I have the same issue.
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 (vPro) 256GB, bios A13.

I have tried to install A14(7130vPro_A14.exe) and A15(7130vPro_A15.exe). Both do nothing. There are not any visible errors. The installation completes, the tablet is rebooted and the bios is A13 still.

How to solve this issue?

6 Posts

June 29th, 2015 10:00

Your ME is corrupt.  You must pop the the small coin cell battery on the motherboard (disassembly required) and that should reset it so a Bios update will then take.  See posts from above on exact procedure and Google how to take apart. It's tricky, and the batteries plug is ever so tiny.  Getting the side buttons (volume & power) to line up properly again was difficult for me.  Good luck.

14 Posts

July 19th, 2015 04:00

Well one year later and my tablet is still being used as a paper weight. Attempted fix listed fails. Original dell charger only charges at 3W and not 24W now too.

The tablet was flashed from Landesk when I received this  from the company I used to work at which wiped all service tag information so Dell support refuses to assist me or replace the motherboard even though there was a product recall for this model as there's a fault with their motherboards. The previous company I worked at refuses to help either so a service tag is impossible to acquire.

The keyboard add on with built in battery rarely ever works too now, the webcam has also stopped working.

I'll be getting rid of mine on Ebay and buying a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 at this rate.

3 Posts

July 21st, 2015 00:00

Yoori,

There is not a way to disconnect the battery through the a software.

Please, read my previous comment. It is not needed to open the entire tablet to disconnect the battery.

21 Posts

July 21st, 2015 00:00

I have the same issue and can not update BIOS any more. Is there a solution where you can disconnect the cmos battery via a software manipulation without having to open the whole tablet case?

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 14:00

I am trying to update my BIOS so that I can install windows 10.  I do not want to take apart the whole machine, but I can't see the plug you are referring to disconnect the CMOS battery from the motherboard. 

Can you explain more where the plug is?

Is there any other way to get the BIOS to update?

Thanks

30 Posts

August 4th, 2015 00:00

Tried several other methods without luck.. undocked, docked and so forth? Still waiting for answer on this one....!

2 Posts

August 4th, 2015 04:00

Well, I called tech support and they said to send it in.  I decided instead to open it up.  I took the screws out. and I had a hard time getting one side and the bottom of the plastic off.  So I just held the top open and I could see the plug.  I unplugged it. Rebooted machine.  Turn off machine.  Plugged it back in.  Enabled Legacy in Bios.  Then installed Bios A16 from the BIOS update off my flash drive.  it worked.  Thanks for instructions in this post. 

September 18th, 2015 15:00

I can confirm, disconnecting the CMOS battery for a minute or so corrects the problem and allows the BIOS update to work.

That said, it is impossible to disconnect without removing the bottom case assembly, and as stated in other posts, it is *very* easy to break one or more retaining tabs or such on the bottom case, even with the correct tools (be particularly wary of extremely thin frame parts around the USB port and the upper air vents).  If you still have warranty, I would recommend just doing a warranty swap.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2018 14:00

Thanks for the cmos battery clue. Now for resetting it let me tell you a trick in return. The cmos battery little red and black cables are visible above the sierra wireless airprime chipset on my tablet and it must be the same for yours. After removing tablet battery, just scratch cables cover and connect them with a metal for some seconds. Or if they're not visible do it with the black covered battery. 1 minute job and no need to remove anything.
Worked for me after lots of failed tries to update from dammn A17.

1 Message

February 13th, 2018 11:00

I can't get it to work. followed all the steps, strip down the tablet to bare bones and still can't get it to update.

The boot takes almost 1 minuto to show Dell circle. When updating the bios it restarts, black screen for 30 sec and normal boot again. No update was made to the bios.

I'm also without sound on windows 10, it says that device didn't not respond/ativate!!

Can you help?

1 Message

March 11th, 2018 07:00

I also have the same problem. Audio not installed and the NFC function is bad. I followed the steps of CMOS battery removal but still could not update or install other versions of BIOS. Have you get your problem solved, I have no idea?
No Events found!