long123
2 Bronze

RE: Unable to install new A09 BIOS for Dell Venue Pro 7130

Jump to solution

Tried several other methods without luck.. undocked, docked and so forth? Still waiting for answer on this one....!

0 Kudos
sappiajk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Well, I called tech support and they said to send it in.  I decided instead to open it up.  I took the screws out. and I had a hard time getting one side and the bottom of the plastic off.  So I just held the top open and I could see the plug.  I unplugged it. Rebooted machine.  Turn off machine.  Plugged it back in.  Enabled Legacy in Bios.  Then installed Bios A16 from the BIOS update off my flash drive.  it worked.  Thanks for instructions in this post. 

0 Kudos
uhcuhelpdesk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I can confirm, disconnecting the CMOS battery for a minute or so corrects the problem and allows the BIOS update to work.

That said, it is impossible to disconnect without removing the bottom case assembly, and as stated in other posts, it is *very* easy to break one or more retaining tabs or such on the bottom case, even with the correct tools (be particularly wary of extremely thin frame parts around the USB port and the upper air vents).  If you still have warranty, I would recommend just doing a warranty swap.

ftmahdi
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Thanks for the cmos battery clue. Now for resetting it let me tell you a trick in return. The cmos battery little red and black cables are visible above the sierra wireless airprime chipset on my tablet and it must be the same for yours. After removing tablet battery, just scratch cables cover and connect them with a metal for some seconds. Or if they're not visible do it with the black covered battery. 1 minute job and no need to remove anything.
Worked for me after lots of failed tries to update from dammn A17.
0 Kudos
riocoles
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I can't get it to work. followed all the steps, strip down the tablet to bare bones and still can't get it to update.

The boot takes almost 1 minuto to show Dell circle. When updating the bios it restarts, black screen for 30 sec and normal boot again. No update was made to the bios.

I'm also without sound on windows 10, it says that device didn't not respond/ativate!!

Can you help?

0 Kudos
Nicky_liam
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I also have the same problem. Audio not installed and the NFC function is bad. I followed the steps of CMOS battery removal but still could not update or install other versions of BIOS. Have you get your problem solved, I have no idea?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
BoscoMoney
1 Copper

Jump to solution

After trying everything I could find and read about, etc, here's what worked for me.

Disconnected cmos battery, removed all power(battery and power cord). Held power button down for 10 seconds. Waited a few minutes.

LEAVE CMOS BATT DISCONNECTED. Reconnected all power(battery and power cord). Powered up tablet, set everything default in bios, saved and booted to Windows. Started Dell Bios update .EXE and BAM! Updated. Tablet booted to Windows. Shut down and reconnected cmos battery.

BAD CMOS BATTERY. Not having used the tablet for some time the battery died and corrupted the bios I believe. **bleep**.

BUT! No more proximity sensor problem, no more slow start-up, and finally updated bios. So, with all the included warnings, try at your own risk I guess. Good luck.

0 Kudos
stanauc
1 Copper

Re: Unable to install new A09 BIOS for Dell Venue Pro 7130

Jump to solution
  1. None of the method is working for me. Latest bios is v28 and I can't update it with any of the method mentioned in this thread. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos