Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2014 06:00

Unable to install new A09 BIOS for Dell Venue Pro 7130

Validated that I am using the correct Bios.. :-)

Scenarios:

Downloaded the new Bios and executed it, install comes up and warns me that it will need power and so forth and install runs. When the machine reboots it is still on A06

Started the flash tool in Bios and the install runs very quickly and returns me to Windows 8 and is stil on A06

What to do?

Side question: Is there something speciel set in the bios regarding boot. Ever since i reset the Bios to default (A06) i have been bugged with starting problems?

6 Posts

May 27th, 2015 13:00

I can verify that the solution posted by Stone3t has worked for me (disconnecting the CMOS battery).  Too bad it requires disassembly of the back case which may be too advanced for average users.

I had all the symptoms / problems described by posts all over Dell's sites as well as others: can't update BIOS, unit won't sleep, etc. Corrupt ME was the key. (Intel Management Engine firmware)  Stupid thing is: it was corrupted through Dell's own updates.

Calling the repair depot, or any other Dell support (and being transferred 5+ times, waiting on hold for hours) was utterly useless as they refused to help because my unit was "out of warranty" even though some had mentioned there was a recall on it.

I'm now updated to A15 and through all windows updates and everything appears to be working fine again.  No thanks to Dell support who refuse to share the answer.

I will not be buying any Dell mobile devices in the near future.

3 Posts

June 29th, 2015 10:00

Yes, thanks. I realised that already.
The solution posted by Stone3t was helpfull too.

It is enough just a little open the middle frame at the middle top close to the CMOS battery to disconnect it from the motherboard.
I used a small pincers to disconnect the CMOS battery cable and a needle to connect it to the motherboard.

So, it is not needed to remove the middle frame completelly and also it is not needed to disconnect cables, wifi, ssd etc.

2 Posts

February 4th, 2014 11:00

Hmm same here, I have 4 venue 11 pro at work, 3 of them had no problem at all but the last one doesnt want to be flashed. I click on the file and it unpacks and starts and then reboot to flash but it boots to windows instead.of flash wtf is wrong?

11 Posts

February 5th, 2014 05:00

Tried several other methods without luck.. undocked, docked and so forth? Still waiting for answer on this one....! Should metion that my device was born with A06 Bios.. so it has not been upgraded from A05.

2 Posts

February 5th, 2014 05:00

I called Dell and they are comming tomorrow with a new Motherboard. They also told me that the released 09 bios does not fix any of the problem people now are having but they will release a new bios 12/2 that will.

828 Posts

February 6th, 2014 20:00

Are you guys using Bitlocker to encrypt your drives?  

No error - just runs and doesn't flash?

Are you 100% certain that you are using the correct version for your device?   MS = mainstream, for core processors.   vPro = enterprise, for vPro systems other than 7139?

Thanks!

11 Posts

February 7th, 2014 02:00

No bitlocker or anything else security wise in the BIOS. It just runs, no errors .. and boots to Windows and leaves the device on A06.

I reset my BIOS to default to ensure that there was nothing special and ever since I have problems powering on the device.. or rather the device is on but the screen is Black. Did not have that problem before my reset to default.

828 Posts

February 7th, 2014 15:00

Is there any chance you can get a video of this and share so that I can try to determine what is going wrong?    Not seeing this elsewhere or in any other data, nor on any internal units.

828 Posts

February 13th, 2014 13:00

Any update on this?   Did you get it to work or are you still having problems?

11 Posts

February 14th, 2014 05:00

Still not able to update the Bios. Made a Video from where the install starts and it goes of to reboot on same Bios version: As you can see there are no errors or anything else. It just installs and reeboots. To make sure the Bios is correct i tried to run the two other Bios files and they both failed due to wrong version.

11 Posts

February 14th, 2014 06:00

Hmm, not really sure why it did not imbed the video. here is the link: https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=da-DK#cid=01B76CC16BA286AD&id=1B76CC16BA286AD%214426&v=3

11 Posts

February 24th, 2014 00:00

Should have mentioned that this is now the A10 BIOS that faults.

11 Posts

February 24th, 2014 00:00

So I am back... same problem as before. I am totally unable to update my BIOS. It is excat the same problem. BIOS downloads.. setup runs and then it reboots to A06. No errors and faults at all. Just downloads, install and then reboot...? Reset my BIOS to default as descibed before and have no specific enables on OS level. So i am stuck on A06.. :-(

11 Posts

February 25th, 2014 01:00

Still looking for a solution? Is there any way I can force the BIOS update? There is no difference trying from Windows or from the BIOS. install run and tablet boots to same BIOS as before :-(

21 Posts

February 25th, 2014 09:00

Have same issue.

We have 6 of these..  All "born" with A05.- will not upgrade.

No Events found!