amenon12
1 Copper

Re: Update for Venue to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Jump to solution

I'm a Venue user for the last 45-days, having switched over from BlackBerry, and at this time, I'm ready to switch back to an outdated device due to the issues I'm having with the Venue with Android 2.2. The sad part will be that most of the issues are likely to be software based (I'm guessing here).

Some of these, and in no particular order - the camera freezes after some shots, with no pattern; it makes clicking noises and is hung, need to press the screen-lock button to exit out and get back in all over again.

I use Timerrific to set up scheduled phone switch-off (a feature that's available native in BB). Every now and then, even after the phone comes out of Airplane mode, it does not connect to my service provider, even though it appears to be connected to my wi-fi network. I say appears to be connected, because though the icon shows, it's not really connected. And this requires a battery-pull, or full restart to get back going.

The techies I've spoken to have near unanimously advised me to be patient and wait for Android 2.3, but this is where the utter silence from Dell is freaking me out. I was already suffering the lack of sane Outlook and calendar support and the learning curve of a completely new OS, without having to put up with complete unpredictability from my handset - the number of people telling me that my phone was not reachable has dramatically increrased, and I've no way of knowing whether this was because the handset was having software issues.

Ironically, I'm a person who strongly recommends Dell hardware, and have purchased numerous Dell systems over the years for personal and company use. And this was the reason I favored Dell over Samsung, when I went about shifting from BlackBerry. As of now, i'm regretting my decision - is it really so unreasonable to ask for an upgrade path to something that the rest of the world is already on, or has shown the roadmap?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this post, I've posted here to support my request for the Android 2.3 upgrade at the earliest.

ajit m

0 Kudos
MavenGroup
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Great post Ajit - good points, well presented.  I second your comments completely and wish that DELL at least announce their plans.  We chose DELL for the same reasons that you did and that this point it has been a total let down.

John

0 Kudos
GouthamRapol
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I hope u were working on it....:)

0 Kudos
abrt65478
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Venue is a reference android phone for other potential buyer to consider Dell or not. If no update is provided for venue, the tendency of the potential buyer to consider Dell will reduce. Keeping update for venue will give a good impression for android users.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
hunz
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Waiting! please update asap

0 Kudos
Samver
1 Copper

Jump to solution

please update to 2.3!

пожалуйста, обновите ОС до 2.3!

0 Kudos
mingda
1 Copper

Jump to solution

YESS!!! DELL Please upgrade it.

0 Kudos
Samver
1 Copper

Jump to solution

And make russian language in OS, please

0 Kudos
AlapS
1 Copper

Jump to solution

pls update to latest release gingerbread!!!!

jnsr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Can Dell keep Android's pace?

0 Kudos