abhi6829
1 Copper

Re: Update for Venue to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Jump to solution

how to do that please provide step by step ....?

0 Kudos
MikeWest
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

GB update link with all the details - forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php

Dell Venue forum on XDA - forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php

0 Kudos
cesarcaw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I follow your advise and I upgraded mine to GB 2.3.3 this weekend. Works great. The only problem I had was with the languages keyboard, but I solve it with downloading from the Market an application called Perfect Keyboard and morelocale because the only available languages are USA and Korea. It really is another thing, it really works fine.

0 Kudos
MikeWest
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The great guys at XDA have added 32 more languages for our Venues.  Check out forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php for more details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
vamsi717
1 Copper

Jump to solution

We seriously need an answer from DELL regarding the update of the Android version ...  Or else this is just a waste of time to allow us to right the reviews for you in the forums...

0 Kudos
cesarcaw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I do not think that Dell will do it. I follow the instructions gave by the guys from XDA and it really works fine for me now. I am using 2.3.3 (Ginderbread) for over a week and it really works fine. If Dell wanted they could do it, but I do not think they are interested to push for this. It depends on us to get it updated.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

People who had done Gingerbread for there dell venue please put a video on youtube about how to root and how it works

0 Kudos
cesarcaw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Kiran if you go to XDA forum, you will have a very detail step by step procedure how to root and update your Venue to Android 2.3.3. It is really not so hard, but you need to follow the steps.

0 Kudos
venueguy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Would you mind posting your experience with GB 2.3.3 on the Venue (more detailed than "it works well")? Is it worth the time it takes to do the upgrade (and risk bricking the device)? Is it behaving more responsive now? I believe I read from xda reports that MIME codes will no longer work after the upgrade.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cesarcaw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Here comes my one week experience with GB 2.3.3

CONS:

1. I need spanish on the Android, so I had to install a product called Locale Select and Perfect Keyboard

2. To do the upgrade get access to Root

PROS:

1. Battery Life is better, because GB 2.3.3 has a feature called Batery Use

2. All the benefits that GB 2.3.3 has

IMPORTANT: If you do not have any experience doing this type of upgrades, my recommendation is not to do it, but

if you really have experience I would recommend you to do the upgrade.

0 Kudos