Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 17th, 2011 11:00

Update for Venue to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Would like to know the tentative dates for the update for Dell Venue to Android 2.3. Or even if whether it's in the pipeline for the update.

Any heads up will be appreciated.

User's who want an update for their Venue to to Android 2.3 vote below:

[poll]

10 Posts

February 6th, 2012 07:00

I do not think that Dell will do it. I follow the instructions gave by the guys from XDA and it really works fine for me now. I am using 2.3.3 (Ginderbread) for over a week and it really works fine. If Dell wanted they could do it, but I do not think they are interested to push for this. It depends on us to get it updated.

February 6th, 2012 09:00

People who had done Gingerbread for there dell venue please put a video on youtube about how to root and how it works

8 Posts

Would you mind posting your experience with GB 2.3.3 on the Venue (more detailed than "it works well")? Is it worth the time it takes to do the upgrade (and risk bricking the device)? Is it behaving more responsive now? I believe I read from xda reports that MIME codes will no longer work after the upgrade.

Thanks!

10 Posts

Kiran if you go to XDA forum, you will have a very detail step by step procedure how to root and update your Venue to Android 2.3.3. It is really not so hard, but you need to follow the steps.

10 Posts

February 6th, 2012 10:00

Here comes my one week experience with GB 2.3.3

CONS:

1. I need spanish on the Android, so I had to install a product called Locale Select and Perfect Keyboard

2. To do the upgrade get access to Root

PROS:

1. Battery Life is better, because GB 2.3.3 has a feature called Batery Use

2. All the benefits that GB 2.3.3 has

IMPORTANT: If you do not have any experience doing this type of upgrades, my recommendation is not to do it, but

if you really have experience I would recommend you to do the upgrade.

1 Message

February 6th, 2012 21:00

Its really taking long from DELL Technical team to update to latest version of ANDRIOD 2.3 gingerbread... even better version than ginger bread is coming... really sad that companies like dell are so much ignorant about this... as a dell venue user on old 2.2 froyo version in 2012... its like using old moped bike today... were everyone is overtaking us ... and we are just watching.......... may be our guilt for not buying a mobile phone from, who are masters in mobile phone manufactores like samsung,sony.....hope  

20 Posts

February 7th, 2012 00:00

Any update so far? At least something we could expect?

February 14th, 2012 22:00

yeaas.. i want to update my dell venue. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2012 02:00

pls send me Dell Venue to get Android 2.3 ROM to my e-mail Box thanks !

10 Posts

March 2nd, 2012 06:00

If you need Android 2.3 ROM go to XDA Developers and register and the instructions to update it are very clear.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2012 17:00

contacted the customer service and found out that by this " MArch end "we are going to get an update for the DELL venue, not sure whether it would be the update for ANdroid 2,3 gingerbread or it might be Android 4.0 icecream sandwich

14 Posts

March 2nd, 2012 21:00

is it true,because many time i asked them for it. they told me there is no planning about any up-gradation for dell venue.

14 Posts

March 4th, 2012 01:00

dell venue must get update of android 2.3 as well as android 4.0 .

AS sony ericsson had declared to update all xperia 2011 to android 4.0 by march 2012.lg too had declared to update BLACK,OPTIMUS 2X,3D to android 4.0.SO DELL VENUE MUST GET UPDATE TO ANDROID 4.0 .

ITS ALL NOW UPTO DELL ,AS LG,SONY ERICSSON, SAMSUNG ARE PLANNING TO UPDATE THERE DEVICE TO ANDROID 4.0. AND DELL DONT EVEN HAVE 2.3 UPDATE.

10 Posts

March 4th, 2012 15:00

IF DELL IS NOT SERIOUS WITH THE PRODUCTS IT SELL, THEY SHOULD NOT ANNOUNCE NEW PRODUCTS, IF THEY DO NOT PLAN TO SUPPORT IT. I DO NOT KNOW IF DELL DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AFFECTS THE BRAND DELL. BECAUSE PEOPLE AFTER BUYING A PRODUCT THAT COST $$$, THEY HAVE TO DUMP IT AND BUY ANOTHER BRAND THAT IS MORE SERIOUS.

IF DELL IS NOT INTERESTED ON THE MOBILE MARKET, THEY SHOULD NOT CREATE MOBILE PRODUCTS. THEY SHOULD STAY SELLING COMPUTERS AND SERVICES, NOT PRODUCTS THAT THEY ARE NOT COMMITED TO SUPPORT.

DELL VENUE IS ON DELL WEB SITE FOR SALE AND HOW THEY ARE SELLING A PRODUCT WITH A VERY VERY OLD OLD ANDROID (2.2)

2 Posts

March 5th, 2012 18:00

Even my Samsung Galaxy S 4G got the gingerbread upgrade, maybe we should all stick with Samsung from now on for all our tech...

No Events found!