Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 17th, 2011 11:00

Update for Venue to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Would like to know the tentative dates for the update for Dell Venue to Android 2.3. Or even if whether it's in the pipeline for the update.

Any heads up will be appreciated.

User's who want an update for their Venue to to Android 2.3 vote below:

[poll]

14 Posts

April 22nd, 2012 07:00

GO TO DELL SERVICE CENTER ,THEY WILL REPLACE UR CELL IF IT IS IN WARRANTY.NETWORK ISSUE IS PROBLEM IN THE CELL HARDWARE.MY CELL HAD BEEN REPLACED TWICE FOR THE SAME ISSUE.

10 Posts

April 22nd, 2012 12:00

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE NETWORK, I BUY IT ON JANUARY AND IT JUST TURN OFF THE WIFI AND THE DATA. I HAVE TO TURN IT OFF AND THEN REBOOT IT AND IT WORKS AGAIN. THIS IS NOT REALLY GOOD, I WILL HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER BRAND, THIS WAS A BAD INVESTMENT

4 Posts

April 29th, 2012 04:00

HEYYY I FOUND SOMETHING!!!!! --\

opensource.dell.com/.../v4.06

4 Posts

April 29th, 2012 04:00

So many people still buy Dell Venue because of its Fantastic Design. There are people who still believe that Dell has the potential and the power to be a leading brand in mobiles!! The Dell Venue is an Excellent phone with stupendous processor. It has a Great hardware too. WHY ISN'T IT UPGRADABLE TO ANDROID 2.3.............

4 Posts

April 30th, 2012 09:00

I came on this site wondering how important is it to dell  to update its mobile products because I have a dell venue pro. To my surprise, even after all this time, dell hasn't considered releasing android 2.3 let alone responding to its customers. I'm hoping dell delivers windows phone 7.5 refresh or i................................................................................ will certinly avoid the brand in the future.

12 Posts

June 26th, 2012 18:00

DELL SUCCESSFULLY DISCONTINUED ALL VENUE phone VERSIONS from market.....

So you are all by own....

So if you still got a warranty like me(4 months) exchange it as many as you like, of course it doesn't makes  sense because they all got same problem.

If your phone restarts like crazy every time 're using internet and thinking it's software problem(maube Hardware?) stick with XDA.

I'm now using it like MP3 player, works great without SIM card.

1 Message

August 27th, 2012 01:00

I buy Dell Venue because of the quality of service and always release the driver/software up to date. But look like Dell turn it back on his customer on this case, so that's it, Dell just DIG HIS OWN GRAVE. Not a cent i will spend on Dell product anymore.

2 Posts

September 4th, 2012 11:00

Please release a update..Froyo sucks...

My Dell Venue had spoiled a month back and i got a whole new cell from as replacement from Dell..I appreciate it...

I got the phone with updated software..Not sure maybe its just UI update or somthin..i like the update and it looks cool... Dell state home menu looks cool.

But i'm facing a major problem from day i got it back..I'm not able to connect to internet .

I hav a working 3g data plan..

internet connects while browsing with the built in browser."only"

but cannot connect to internet with any other apps in the phone.

while setting up google account it gives a msg saying connection cud not be established to google sever.

while trying to connect through wifi all the apps can access internet.

so i connected to google accounts and updated some of the apps but still cannot connect to internet using 3g or gprs

only the built-in browser can access internet..

seems weird..

i tried resetting the phone couple of times but till it doesnt fix the problem

kindly post some solutions if any1 came accross it..

1 Message

September 22nd, 2012 00:00

someone posted  this link but not working or seems fake

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LandingPages/Thunder/KT/Thunder_KT_GB_MR2/en/index.html

1 Message

September 24th, 2012 20:00

Yes .. Count me for that update.

My Dell Venue has no directional sense. 

The compass does not function correctly and as a result the Navigation is always misguided.

October 23rd, 2012 09:00

do as given in the following link!

it works good!

dell venue is rooted to 2.3.7!

currently the xda developers are working on for 4.0 on venue!

they ll b successful in few days!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1653756

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULPBh4cDYU

1 Message

December 17th, 2012 00:00

ya i want 2.3 or ics

2 Posts

December 26th, 2012 02:00

Yes, I want an update for my Dell Venue to 2.3 or above.

1 Message

January 6th, 2013 21:00

plaese update venue to 2.3.5

1 Message

January 8th, 2013 03:00

Well Said Ajit as i have also faced the same problem, But i would also like to add up one more problem to it is that the memory loss on each time the application hangs or any program is terminated. In 6 months i have made a Factory Reset 3 times and its already less than 100 MB now and maybe requiring a Reset again this month. Do anybody have any solution to this problem ................ maybe from Dell or outer ?????

No Events found!