Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2016 11:00

Venue 10 Pro 5055 in a constant reboot cycle

Got the tablet running Windows 8, upgraded to 8.1 then finally 10.  I wanted to restore it to factory, now that I've learned a thing or two about Win 10.  However, now the tablet is in a constant reboot cycle; it displays the dell logo, then some sort of error message about creating TPM2.

By pressing volume up on the tablet, I can get the root menu option, but the tablet won't accept keyboard input.  I have also tried pressing and holding the volume up tab during boot up.  Tried all options with keyboard docked & un-docked, power plugged in and not plugged in.  Do I now own a brick? Or what do I do next?

Thanks.

6 Posts

February 10th, 2020 13:00

All,

Go here to see the fix found by us. You may reference our site but please do not copy the pictures.

August 20th, 2016 08:00

I am now experiencing this myself, the message pops up, "Rebooting system to make TPM2 settings in effect" Tried everything to be able to boot from a usb drive to re-install windows and cannot get out of the boot loop, searches online don't show anything, guess I am gonna have to call Dell during their week day only hours to have them fix this.

August 23rd, 2016 06:00

Have you gotten a fix? I have reset my tablet a few times before and never had an issue. Last time I reset the tablet was about a month and a half ago and never had an issue. Reset it last night and now I'm having the same issue you are having. Issue, warranty expired 1 month ago. Never had an issue resetting until the warranty expired. Have you found a fix for this? I can't even get into the bios screen

August 23rd, 2016 13:00

Never found a fix, but I checked my warranty status online and it is still covered. Called Dell and they sent me a box to ship it back. Gonna pack it up tonight after work and send it in. When I get it back gonna go through the BIOS and see if there is a setting there to turn off/on to prevent this from happening again.

August 23rd, 2016 14:00

I wish I experienced this before my warranty expired. Expired literally a few weeks ago. At least yours was covered. Just wish I knew the cause. Dell wanted $150 to replace mine, but for about $120 I can buy a used one in perfect condition. Wish I knew what to do with this tablet now. I even tried to boot windows 10 from usb but it keeps giving me this error. I can't even get into bios. I'm thinking the bios might have been corrupted but I can't seem to find a way to boot from usb, so I can't flash the bios. Sad to see a nice tablet go. :( Hopefully they tell you what the cause was to help with future errors and to prevent it from occuring again. I love to fix computers and love a challenge but this is the first that I couldn't find a fix. 

1 Message

June 11th, 2017 03:00

I have this same problem on venue 10 pro.  Is there a fix? Can someone from dell tech department let us know if dell can fix if you send it in.  How much will it cost?

1 Message

January 28th, 2018 07:00

Your the only person i have found with an answer to this but i have a question. Forgive my ignorance but when you say short the wire across pins 3,2, and 1; do you mean together as in the wire will lay across pin 3 then 2 and then 1 in which case all pins will be shorted or do you mean i short only pin 3 then only pin  2 then only pin 1 and then hit f2. I'm assuming you mean the first instance but i dont want to mess this up. Also could you give and explaination of why this works. Thanks for any assistance.

2 Posts

August 14th, 2018 17:00

Have you been able to solve this problem? the same thing happens to me with my tablet

1 Message

November 28th, 2018 03:00

I can confirm that this works. It took me 4 times, but eventually it booted in a pre-boot diagnostics. I let this run, after that, it continued installing windows.

IMG_20181128_115857.jpgIMG_20181128_115908.jpgIMG_20181128_115852.jpg

1 Message

March 9th, 2019 09:00

Has anyone come up with a solution which does not involve taking the tablet apart?

I tried to upgrade the BIOS and the tablet failed to upgrade, and is now stuck in an endless cycle of reboots.  Any of the usual recovery options I try will not work, because they start, and then the system reboots again, and undoes the changes. 

I see that every time it reboots, I get the same picture on the login screen.  This usually changes daily.  It will not let me use the PIN login, saying that is locked because of too many reboots.

I have another identical tablet, so I am going to try making a backup of that one using Acronis, and then try to restore that backup.  Maybe that will work, although I suspect the problem may be in the bios.  Once WIndows 10 comes up, everything seems OK until it reboots, which it does every 5-6 minutes.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2019 08:00

I have the same issue where mine reboots every 5-6 minutes.

I'm really not thrilled about having to micro solder.

I'm hoping there is a less evasive solution.

1 Message

June 20th, 2019 13:00

Give updating BIOS A07 again.  A08 does not work.

Everytime A08 is loaded it looks like it does something, but doesn't.

A07 back everytime and it works as normal.  No more booting at every 6-7 min.

1 Message

August 30th, 2019 01:00

kjg001. pin 6 wire to? /connect to?

September 10th, 2023 14:35

@Tasana​ New link to fix / solved

https://tasana-studios.com/f/dell-venue-tpm---bios-loop-error

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 15th, 2024 03:10

@ajvuik​ u can show me how maque a short thanks 

No Events found!