Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

March 16th, 2014 14:00

Venue 11 Pro 5130 multiple issues - second most disappointing product ever?

I have multiple issues with my Venue 11 5130.  Could someone point me in the direction of some fixes, please?

1 - Mobile keyboard constantly goes to sleep after a few moments of non-use.  I did the firmware "upgrade" that supposedly fixes this by resetting so it doesn't sleep.  Issue persist anyway.

2 - Battery charge indicator shows mobile keyboard battery 2 "not present" even when keyboard is working.  Doesn't charge, doesn't seem to draw juice from keyboard battery.

3 - Tried to install the most recent touch screen firmware - installation fails and gives error message like "Synaptics (device) not detected" then aborts.

4 - I'm ~still~ watching for active stylus that actually works halfway properly to be released.  Any update on this?

After 3 months, my Venue 11 5130 continues to be the buggiest computer I have ever owned other than the 7130 that I returned.  I really wish I could send this machine back and forget I ever owned it - but it's too late.

24 Posts

March 19th, 2014 21:00

I sadly have to agree and throw in the poor support from Dell and I will never buy another product from them again. 1. Keyboard unresponsive 2. have to disable all power saving features just to get this tablet to work.......sometimes. 3. Display driver stopped working 4. Driver installation issues. XRay try updating the touch screen with the keyboard detached. They failed to mention that in the directions. Another fail by Dell. You will get more support from the users than the company.

19 Posts

April 7th, 2014 12:00

I agree with everything you say. I wish I had never bought this product I will never be buying another dell product

3 Posts

April 20th, 2014 19:00

I was so excited when ordering the Venue 11 and have been extremely disappointed. I wish I had spent my money on an Ipad air. The tablet has had nothing but problems , it freezes, no apps, is a basic<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>all around - and it is difficult to perform tasks on. The biggest thing I am angry about is that I ordered a Venue 11 with 4G capability and I received a wi-fi tablet only, no broadband. I disliked the tablet so much that i quit using it for 4 months and just used my old Ipad. I recently had to resort to using the Venue 11 again, when my Ipad broke (a very depressing day for me). Now I finally realized it doesn't have 4G and it is too late to return it. Dell will do nothing and calling their tech support is a joke. I get people who barely speak English and they just repeat my question, put me on hold, and give me a stupid answer that doesnt help at all. I even asked the tech support supervisor if he would be angry if he paid $1,000 for a tablet that doesn't work well and does not have 4G when the he was told it would have, and he said "No Maam" - really? their customer service <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>I don't plan on doing any further business with Dell, ever. :emotion-12: angry.

No Events found!