Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2015 16:00

Venue 11 Pro 7130 Digitizer Issues

For some reason my Dell Venue 11 Pro periodically stops detecting the stylus. I have found that this usually happens after sleep. However it doesn't always happen. 

Basically what happens is that the tablet can no longer detect the stylus. At first I thought it was the battery and got some new ones. Nothing changed. I actually do have a Venue 8 Pro that I was dumb enough not to test the stylus with first. After the Venue 11 Pro dropped the detection again, I tried the stylus on the Venue 8 Pro immediately and it worked flawlessly. 

The problem is always temporarily fixed by reinstalling the latest touch firmware. I am also on all the latest drivers including the chipset drivers, the touch drivers, and the latest bios.

This tablet is currently a replacement tablet I was sent by Dell in late December after they failed to fix my first tablet which also had a different and more severe digitizer. This tablet and its digitizer has been working perfectly since then and just last Friday I was having this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and could anyone recommend a fix? The issue seems to be software and not hardware.

1.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

I understand that this issue has been going on for a long time and we have tried every other troubleshooting steps.

I have escalated this case to the product team and I am awaiting a reply.As soon as I get any update will get back to you .

Kindest Regards,

1.2K Posts

February 4th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

The last version of touch panel firmware installed on the tablet is not completely functional since its corrupt.

In this case we can arrange for a tech visit with sufficient parts for a next business day service based on part availability along with hard drive with factory image of OS.Do let me know the convenient time to reach you and forward the physical address via private message.

Awaiting your reply .

Have a good day .

Kind Regards,

1.2K Posts

February 5th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Now that you are keen on reinstalling windows on the tablet.I would suggest installing the latest version drivers from this link.

As you have Dell stylus installing the touch panel firmware should resolve the issue.

Still if there are any more queries feel free to reply to this thread we will assist.

Kindest Regards,

15 Posts

February 6th, 2015 09:00

So the tablet was working fine for a couple days and now I am having a new problem.

Suddenly the pen would not work unless I pressed it extremely hard on the screen. It could write when pressed hard but just making soft contact with the screen will do nothing. Touch recognition is still working.

However I noticed that the hover cursor is always there when I am moving the pen above the screen! Meaning that the pen is being tracked correctly(i.e the pen is working). However a click will only be registered with a very hard tap or it will only write when pressed down hard. 

I did a reinstall of the OS, installed all the drivers, and only the touch firmware you linked instead of the other one. To my surprise the exact same new issue is persisting. Unfortunately now it really does seem like a hardware issue.

Please let me know how we can proceed with a repair process given my circumstances noted before.

15 Posts

February 8th, 2015 22:00

PLEASE DISREGARD WHAT I SAID IN MY LAST POST

For the new issue that has arose it has been due to the stylus. I tried my friends rev A02 on my tablet and it worked fine but my silver barreled was not working due to the problems listed.

So yeah. Now I'm not quite sure whether the original issue was due to the stylus or not. 

1.2K Posts

February 9th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

According to your last post your friend's A02 stylus worked fine on your tablet after re installation.I would request you to confirm how does your stylus work on your friend's tablet is the same issue seen .

Kindly confirm.

828 Posts

February 9th, 2015 18:00

The new silver stylus has been very well received and mostly without problems.   Your situation is interesting in that you are seeing intermittent behavior.   My suggestions:

1) Update to the latest BIOS (A14).

2) Update the chipset and video drivers (Chipset, Management Engine and Video).

3) Update the touch panel firmware.

4) Assuming you have the Samsung panel, install the panel firmware (listed under video).

Make sure you have installed all available Windows Updates and rebooted until no more show up.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, replace the battery in the stylus.

If you continue to have problems, replace the stylus.

If you continue to have problems, have the system serviced (at this point I would suspect a flaky digitizer in the tablet).

Hope this helps.

15 Posts

February 10th, 2015 18:00

Hi Jennifer, I was able to confirm that the stylus is experiencing the same issue on my friend's tablet.

Also I am running all updated drivers and touch panel firmwares as I downloaded them at the time of reinstall; so I am running BIOS A14.

1.2K Posts

February 11th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Just wanted to check the status of the system after updating the drivers .

Kind Regards,

No Events found!