edmozley
1 Copper

RE: Venue 11 Pro Wifi not working after Windows 10 install

One thing I've just noticed is the driver version on my tablet is 17.15.0.5

However the driver on the Intel website for windows 10 is a bit older:  17.1.1529.1613 even though the date on it is 2 days ago!

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

So what I'm thinking is maybe the driver 17.15.0.5 is for windows 8 and so when I try to install the latest windows 10 driver the OS says well this is an older driver so I'm not going to let you install it?

0 Kudos
Delphititan
1 Copper

I have installed the latest device drivers on the Dell support site as well as a very recent BIOS firmware version. I have not had any dialogue windows pop up preventing me from completing an update. I will check on the Wimdows version number.

Dan

0 Kudos
young0ne
1 Copper

What is your service tag number

0 Kudos
Delphititan
1 Copper

It is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

0 Kudos
young0ne
1 Copper

The Dell Wireless 1537 WiFi/BT Driver

This is the Driver that should work for you I have the excact same card 

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03170792M/1/7130_Network_Driver_0JJ8H_WN32_3.7.2.59_A00.EXE

edmozley
1 Copper

Still no luck - I have run this package as administrator.

In device manager please can you confirm what you can see under Network Adapters?

I have 1 item which says:

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

When I look at its properties and click the Driver tab it says:

Driver Provider - Intel

Driver Date - 22/02/2015

Driver Version - 17.15.0.5

Digital Signer - Microsoft Windows

Roll Back driver button does nothing.

If I click uninstall driver (advanced) it does not give me the option to delete the driver files which I think is normally a checkbox.

0 Kudos
edmozley
1 Copper

In the end I went to the MS website and downloaded the tool to create a windows 10 media.  I then booted off the USB drive I created and did a clean install.

FYI to boot of USB on a dell venue 11 you have to push the volume up key (F12 does not work).

Only problem I have now is I don't have a product key but at least wifi works!!!

0 Kudos
Delphititan
1 Copper

No luck with mine either. I have tried numerous times to load the drivers linked and using the drivers on Dell's site after entering my Tag number. I even went down to Best Buy and bought a Nethear USB wifi adapter and it loads the driver but the adapter never shows up in networking even though it does get listed in device manager.

Dan Ferrall

0 Kudos
edmozley
1 Copper

Now that I have logged in I can see there are a lot of things fixed after doing a clean install.

This is definitely the best option.  After booting from USB I deleted all the partitions (ie nuked all traces of win 8.1) and things are good.

0 Kudos
Delphititan
1 Copper

Well, I gues I need to consider that method. Now I need to figure out where all of my data files are. Dan
0 Kudos