Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2016 07:00

Venue 11 Pro Won't Turn On - LED Flashing Amber

So, I've had the Venue 11 Pro 7130 for about a year and a half.  My eyes are getting worse so I bought a bigger laptop and was going to sell the Venue to a friend.

I restored the tablet to factory and set up their account for them, then started Windows Update to get all the updates.  That takes awhile since after a fresh restore there are hundreds of updates.  I left the tablet plugged in and went away to let Windows Update finish.

When I came back an hour or two later, the screen wouldn't come back on.  That happened occasionally (as we all know), so I tried all the usual things (power button 20 seconds, etc...)  Nothing worked.

So now, when I press the power button I get the vibration, but no screen.  I also get a vibration when touching the windows button.  What concerns me is the LED is flashing amber 7 times.  I looked on Dell's website and it says the fault is "CPU - Processor Failure".

Do you believe that is accurate?  Any Ideas what else I could try?  If it truly is bad, do I have to replace the whole mother board?

These tablets aren't worth a whole lot anymore, don't really want to invest much money in it.

PS I have two power supplies and multiple usb cables, same result with all of them.  Also pulled the battery.  Haven't pulled the CMOS battery though.

3 Posts

August 18th, 2016 05:00

I got same thing like you. what should we do now?

I just bought it 2 weeks ago. i watched Film until end off battery yesterday. Computer is auto Off.

I plugin charge but only see Baterry lighr was amber Orange and White.

Hey, Dell Service admin. please support to me as soon. regards.

August 26th, 2016 22:00

Was there a fix to this?  This just happened to me today.  I hold the power button after it vibrates then after a few second I get 7 blinking amber lights.  I can't get into the BIOS and I've tried removing the battery.  I don't even know where the CMOS battery is...

9 Posts

August 27th, 2016 04:00

The fix was to replace the motherboard.  You can get "refurbished" ones to replace it with.

I ordered mine from parts-people.com.  The first one I received had problems, sent it back.  The second one is working okay so far.

August 27th, 2016 06:00

How much did you pay for it?  And was it hard replacing it?  I see them for around $129.00...

9 Posts

$100

I got this one:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=16738

That's a strange looking hyperlink, but click on it, it works.  You may or may not have the same board.

Thanks...I have to get the 7139 motherboard.  I have the fingerprint and CAC reader on mine.

9 Posts

August 27th, 2016 07:00

Gotcha.

They have videos on their website showing how to take the tablet apart.  Be careful around the usb port, the plastic is very thin.

I got mine apart two or three times (messing with the 1st motherboard I received that was also bad) before I got frustrated and cracked it.

August 27th, 2016 08:00

This all happened right after I received a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. I restarted it after I received the error and now the Dell sign doesn't even appear once I restart it. Has this happened to anyone else?

No Events found!