Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2014 21:00

Venue 11 Pro battery drains faster than it charges

My brand new Venue 11 Pro (i5-4300Y/7130) cannot charge while up and running. The battery drains at a faster rate than it charges and eventually I have to turn it off completely if I am to charge the battery at all. All Microsoft updates have been applied. All Dell updates have been applied, including new BIOS (A12) While plugged in to 240V power (I'm in Australia), the battery has dropped over 10% in the last 30 mins which is ridiculous. I note on these forums that there have been lots and LOTS of battery drain issues, but haven't seen any saying the battery is incapable of being charged while running! Any ideas for a fix are very welcome.

11 Posts

August 5th, 2014 12:00

See this thread: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19594747.aspx

29 Posts

August 20th, 2014 11:00

I am having the same problem. I have a Venue 11 Pro i3 with a mobile keyboard and normally leave the combo to charge overnight. For the last 2 nights the charging light has been on but the Venue has not charged. Separating the keyboard and connecting that to the charger has fully charged the keyboard battery. Trying to charge the tablet on its own while in use occasionally shows a charging battery icon with the contents stepping up, but it quickly reverts to a connected battery icon without the stepping contents and the measured capacity decreasing (despite the screen brightness turned well down. Wiggling the connector does not provide a reliable solution. Replacing the USB lead has not helped so the problem is presumably in the tablet socket. Who specified this micro USB socket as a power connector? When the Venue 11 Pro works it is great, but it is so unreliable I am despairing of ever being confident it will work when I want it to (screen deciding not to auto-rotate, screen brightness never having worked on its auto setting, not turning on or off reliably etc).

Is there any real solution being offered other than transferring all my data and programs to a Surface 3 and returning it to Dell as being unfit for purpose??

Chris

16 Posts

August 20th, 2014 16:00

Are you using the Dell supplied charger???? I found that it was the only charger capable of keeping up with the battery as it was drained. Phone chargers simply do not supply enough current.

29 Posts

August 21st, 2014 11:00

Yes I have always used the Dell charger supplied with the Venue 11 Pro

Chris

No Events found!