catchtheball
1 Copper

RE: Venue 11 Pro dock HDMI to DVI problem

I am having a problem using a display port to DVI adaptor. The venue will not recognize the monitor.  Here is my info. 

1. Venue 11Pro  7130/7139

2. http://www.cdwg.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-DisplayPort-to-DVI-Video-Adapter-Converter-DisplayPor... 

StarTech.com DP2DV12 displayPort to DVI Video Adaptor Converter. 

3. Dell P1913

4. Have tried 1440x900 on the monitor and both 1440x900 and 1920x1080 on the Venue.  

0 Kudos
Douglas Ng
1 Copper

I had an issue with the Dock NOT recognizing the second monitor. Pulling the power cable OFF the dock and repowering it solved the issue immediately. I'm using a HDMI-DVI converter with a DVI-DVI cable to the monitor. The monitor is a Dell ST2420L monitor. Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I received a FedEx package today from Dell, much to my surprise, it is a proactive replacement for the dock, indicating there was indeed an issue with the first revision. I'll try it out this weekend, but based on the other reports for the new dock, it should perform as expected. For reference: The Dell P/N is OMPT52 showing A01 The "Reg. Model" number is K10A The "Reg. Type" number is K10A001 I hope other affected users are pleasantly surprised as well. Regards, Karmicscorpio
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Yes, I received two today as well.

Mine are all working but I welcome these as the power connectors have changed a lot and are way better than the originals.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Just to clarify.....would this be version 3 of the dock.  I received my orginal back in Dec, followed by a second in approx March with revised firmware.  Is this another version?

On both of the ones that I have the power connector is <ADMIN NOTE: Profane word removed as per TOU> and keeps falling out....I have taped it in place!

I believe the one I'm using now is the A01 version.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The power connector has changed 3 times as far as I know.

The dock has only changed once. maybe Brian can confirm

0 Kudos
blamberton
6 Indium

So what did you guys do that you received new docks? I have numerous docks in circulation, and they all suck - and have major issues with HDMI to DVI, DP to DVI no matter whether the monitor is a brand new Dell E2314H or an older HDCP compliant monitor. Getting one to work is a rarity. And yes - the power connectors are terrible and fall out very easily.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Hi,

We got a replacement dock a couple of months ago, brought it up to A01, is this now a new third version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I didn't have to do anything to receive the new A01 dock, it showed up via FedEx standard overnight. Dell enclosed a letter stating they identified an issue with the dock I purchased and it was being proactively replaced. The box also had a shipping label to return the A00 dock. Easy enough, but it's a shame it took 6 months to get a working dock.
0 Kudos
conner1177
1 Copper

You mentioned that the only monitor that will work is the P2213.  Did you find that our by trying other Dell monitors?  Do you think the P2213H will work?

I'm configuring a desk top solution for my client who we're recommending the Venue 11 Pro 7000 series, external P2213H, wireless Dell keyboard and mouse.  So far, they are not asking for a dual monitor set up but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

On another note, do you have the slim keyboard or the mobile one?  Is the slim key board the same or similar to the MS Surface one?  If you have the mobile one, is that portable ?

Thank you

0 Kudos