Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2013 14:00

Venue 11 Pro dock HDMI to DVI problem

I recently just got the tablet dock hooked up to the dock and an external monitor through HDMI on the dock and HDMI-to-DVI converter to the monitor.  The resolution on the display setting in Windows shows the correct resolution.  However, on the actual monitor, there's about an inch of unused screen real estate and a purple vertical line where the screen stop working.  I've tried on two different monitor with different default resolution (1680x1050 & 1920x1200) and both have the same problem.  Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?  Using the Dell's 40-pin to HDMI to DVI works fine.  So, it seems like there's something wrong with the dock itself.

July 17th, 2014 14:00

Just to clarify.....would this be version 3 of the dock.  I received my orginal back in Dec, followed by a second in approx March with revised firmware.  Is this another version?

On both of the ones that I have the power connector is  Profane word removed as per TOU> and keeps falling out....I have taped it in place!

I believe the one I'm using now is the A01 version.

47 Posts

Hi,

We got a replacement dock a couple of months ago, brought it up to A01, is this now a new third version?

Thanks.

67 Posts

Yes, I received two today as well.

Mine are all working but I welcome these as the power connectors have changed a lot and are way better than the originals.

67 Posts

The power connector has changed 3 times as far as I know.

The dock has only changed once. maybe Brian can confirm

12 Posts

So what did you guys do that you received new docks? I have numerous docks in circulation, and they all suck - and have major issues with HDMI to DVI, DP to DVI no matter whether the monitor is a brand new Dell E2314H or an older HDCP compliant monitor. Getting one to work is a rarity. And yes - the power connectors are terrible and fall out very easily.

July 17th, 2014 18:00

I didn't have to do anything to receive the new A01 dock, it showed up via FedEx standard overnight. Dell enclosed a letter stating they identified an issue with the dock I purchased and it was being proactively replaced. The box also had a shipping label to return the A00 dock. Easy enough, but it's a shame it took 6 months to get a working dock.

1 Message

March 13th, 2015 20:00

You mentioned that the only monitor that will work is the P2213.  Did you find that our by trying other Dell monitors?  Do you think the P2213H will work?

I'm configuring a desk top solution for my client who we're recommending the Venue 11 Pro 7000 series, external P2213H, wireless Dell keyboard and mouse.  So far, they are not asking for a dual monitor set up but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

On another note, do you have the slim keyboard or the mobile one?  Is the slim key board the same or similar to the MS Surface one?  If you have the mobile one, is that portable ?

Thank you

No Events found!