Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2015 08:00

Venue 11 Pro i3 (non-vPro) hybrid shutdown issues

Hello,

I've encountered two issues which prevent me from taking advantage of the hybrid shutdown mode of Windows 8.1 and 10: if it is activated, the system will on occasion (up to half the times) fail to boot after displaying the Dell logo. This may be due to using Windows 10 (build 10130 as of now), but I haven't seen this issue on my desktop PC running the same build. Deactivating the functionality or rebooting works, however.

Another issue is that again with hybrid shutdown enabled sometimes the power button will not work, returning to work flawlessly after a reboot or by disabling the hybrid functionality, turning it off and back on again. Since performing a reboot does not use the hybrid functionality of hibernating the kernel session it appears to be somehow linked.

828 Posts

June 17th, 2015 10:00

We'll release qualified drivers and a BIOS update for Windows 10 fairly soon.   I'd suspect that will resolve your issue.

43 Posts

June 17th, 2015 14:00

Looking forward to these improvements! But, as I've said, it also happened using Windows 8.1.

43 Posts

June 20th, 2015 16:00

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but when revising drivers and BIOS for Windows 10 please take a look at the SD reader driver which is apparently preventing Connected Standby in many cases (using the recommended version it gets uninstalled and replaced by a generic driver at first boot, while using the linked older version works fine - can be reproduced without fault at the very least under Windows 10). http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=4Y1R8

No Events found!