Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2016 21:00

Venue 11 Pro slim keyboard "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" [Code 43]

I'm experiencing slim keyboard not being recognized in the Windows 8.1

The keyboard was working fine until one day it just stopped working.

I've always been careful of fragile keyboard so I thought this was software issue.

After backing up everything, I tried factory reset literally 8 times (both system recovery and clean)

I have most recent BIOS updated (April 2016 A 18) and all dell's recommended update  from its software.

I also tweaked power setting --> disabling power saving on USB

But it still come up as unrecognized each time.

I was wondering if this really is a hardware issue or just software bug from factory reset.

----------------

I have ProSupport warranty and was wondering if this covers slim keyboard as well?

----------------

Below is the error on my device manager.

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date:          8/6/2016 1:09:35 PM
Event ID:      411
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Dell
Description:
Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&1347b1a9&0&4 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056- 444553540000}
Service: 
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: 
Problem: 0x2B

1 Message

August 4th, 2017 07:00

These are truly impressive ideas in on the topic of forum. I’m glad that you simply shared here this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.  You have touched some good factors . Thanks!

Save

1 Message

August 10th, 2016 22:00

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing your experience here. I can try to get slim keyboard recognize in Windows 8.1. Your thoughts and ideas are more useful to me. I will try your method. The sources are available to the new user here. You can also get more ideas and details here.

1 Message

August 11th, 2016 07:00

Even I can't surface the sudden slim Keyboard malfunction. It must be a driver issue.

1 Message

August 20th, 2018 04:00

Hi!

it's a super old post, I know, but I'm having the same issue with my slim keyboard on Windows 10.

Did you ever solved it?

February 14th, 2019 15:00

What do you use your keyboard for? Just to communicate or add a little information anywhere or to write the large papers or, at least, essays? If you are looking for the opportunity of the second variant realization, it is better to complete with the chosen website or any other place as they have enough knowledge and even equipment to work so. If you are looking for the place where you can do it, may be it is better just to change your laptop or keyboard?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 1st, 2019 01:00

Your link is giving some game site location. Wrong link:: http://www.y8gold.com/wilds-io.html Please upgrade the link.
No Events found!