Highlighted

Re: Venue 11 Pro wifi issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Is there a solution similar to this for the Venue 11 7130/39, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I received a reply from Dell asking for a service tag, which I supplied, only to be informed that my tablet was out of warranty.  Not much help really. 

My response 'I was well aware that my warranty had expired.  I did not initiate this private conversation, I asked a legitimate question on the community forum where I observed that my problem is not an isolated one.  There appears to be a glitch in your system which prevents access to wifi and bluetooth after updates to Windows 10.  Surely this is something that should concern your technicians, who would benefit from finding a work-around which will satisfy DELL owners?'

If this was a one-off I could understand, but this is a problem that has affected many DELL owners. Either DELL has an issue, or Microsoft has an issue. Either way PLEASE find a work around so that my virtually useless tablet can be made serviceable again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@anniemcg48 thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are encountering with your tablet.

Did you try the suggestion that was posted above to download the drivers we have available and then update them through the device manager?

With regards to support for these systems and various others that were introduced to market 5 plus years ago, they were never designed with Windows 10 in mind. Some of the systems are certified to work on Windows 10 with this model of tablet only certified with the initial release of Windows 10 1507 - https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297954/dell-computers-tested-for-windows-10-may-201...

Any version installed after that, we cannot guarantee compatibility. This can be down to multiple factors i.e Microsoft drivers aren't compatible, our hardware vendors not updating the drivers to work with Windows 10 or a business decision made by ourselves where we are no longer obligated to provide support due to the age of the system and that model has been superseded by newer revisions that have been designed for Windows 10.

I hope this helps to explain the situation.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I recently purchased a new router and my son's Venue 11 Pro 7140 can see some wifi networks, but not my new networks.  I think I need to update drivers, but have had no luck so far.  My numbers are below:

ST:<Service Tag removed>

EN: <Express service code removed>

0 Kudos