krisjacobs
1 Copper

Venue 11 - venue dock external displays keep disconnecting

I have a Venue 11 Pro 7130, Venue dock, and two Dell P2210 monitors. One of the monitors is connected via DisplayPort to DisplayPort. The second monitor is connected HDMI to DVI. Both monitors work just fine and I can get all three displays up and running correctly. The problem is that when the displays go to sleep for more then 30 minutes and I wake the tablet up they are no longer connected and I have to go into the screen resolution settings and re-extend the desktop to the displays. I have been through and tried many power settings but I cant get this to stop from happening. If I use Dell USB 3.0 Dock with the default windows power settings everything wakes up correctly without any issues. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
B. Betts
1 Copper

RE: Venue 11 - venue dock external displays keep disconnecting

I have the same problem here. After the Venue monitors shut off and it locks I never know what to expect when I log back in. Most of the time the Venue itself has is the default monitor and the other two monitors are disconnected. It seems like the display port monitor always disconnects and the HDMI monitor only does sometimes. I love the Venue but this docking station is about ready to go off the roof! Plus I learned the docking stations wired network connection is only 100 Mbps ... that is sad.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

RE: Venue 11 - venue dock external displays keep disconnecting

Can you please review this thread and then reply there is the problem still exists?   Trying to get all of this into one place.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19580384.aspx

0 Kudos