Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 5th, 2013 07:00

Venue 7 Not Connecting to Verizon Personal Hotspot Generated by iPhone 5S

My Dell Venue 7 recognizes my hotspot, saves the password, has excellent signal strength; pressing "connect" has no effect. This personal hotspot works well with my Dell Inspiron laptop, I have the exact same issue with my iPad's personal hotspot. I am running the latest version of iOS 7 on each Apple device.

Please advise how to get the Venue 7 to connect to the hotspot.

9 Posts

December 26th, 2013 20:00

Same problem on my blackberry z30 and my wife's iPhone 5.  I have connected several Android tablets, computers, Windows tablets, etc to this phone without any issues.  The Venue simply won't connect!  It saves the connection but never connects. This is a deal killer for me!!!

9 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 20:00

I have spent a solid week with Dell support and have gotten nowhere. They keep telling me that they will call me back and when they do they ask if I'm still having the problem. I say yes of course...then they spend 15 minutes asking me to describe the problem all over again and saying there must be a problem with my phone. I ask why I have 5 other devices connected to my phone without issues then...and they change the subject. 

Bottom line is they don't acknowledge there's a problem. Add your voice/give them a call so they see how widespread the problem is!

5 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 14:00

This is ridiculous. My Lenovo laptop can except the iPhone easily and quickly. The Dell PC will see the hotspot but tells me there's no Internet connection. I already called iPhone and it's not iPhones problem. It's gals problem. What's the solution for goodness sake? This is the year 2016 isn't it? Come on Dell! Get with the freaking program already. Look at all these posts from people who can't connect to a hotspot. What's the solution?

2 Posts

March 30th, 2016 15:00

Same problem with venue 8, I brought this tablet mainly to stream video while away from home.  My kids iPad n Samsung tablet connect to my phone OK but this brand new *** would not.  Dell's been ignoring my messages.    

Will think twice next time I consider buying a Dell product.

No Events found!