Pjs32000
1 Copper

Venue 7840 Android v5.1 boot failure due to encryption error

I'm having issues with booting my device after using an external micro sd card to store some Amazon Prime offline videos.  I'm prompted to perform a factory reset to solve the issue which I did a few times only to run into the same issue again after reinstalling the Amazon app and downloading some videos again.  I've found that I can overcome the encryption error by powering off, removing the sd card, then booting back up and reinstalling the sd card.  This causes the table to do a scan of the sd card but it doesn't result in any errors.

However this seems to be causing other issues with my Amazon app and files, currentely I can't even play anything on the Amazon app (either streaming or an offline downloaded file). I've been tinkering in an effort to get the Amazon app and files to work properly, and I haven't been able to do so in a way that allows me to use external storage without getting the encryption error. Given the app's lack of functionality their troubleshooting process asks for reboots and reinstallations which then lead me back to the encryption errors.  Does anyone have any solutions for this seemingly circular issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cybersud
6 Indium

RE: Venue 7840 Android v5.1 boot failure due to encryption error

FWIW, I have seen an issue where I get the Encryption problem. However, I would then reboot the machine. It would then take a really long time to come back. There is a gray screen for a good 2-3 minutes (the screen will actually time out) and then the standard pattern comes up so I can get into the tablet. The key for me was letting it sit there for a long time to figure itself out.

0 Kudos

RE: Venue 7840 Android v5.1 boot failure due to encryption error

Hi,

Welcome to our forum. Firstly, please try using another SD card and check if the issue persists.

Secondly, try formatting the existing SD card using another android device and use the SD card on your tablet and check if the issue persists.

Thirdly, let us know if the issue happens only when using Amazon app or any other app.

0 Kudos