Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2013 10:00

Venue 8 Android screen clarity

Anyone else noticing that if you look very closely the screen has these horizontal lines (especially on a white background) which causes the picture to not appear crisp?   I know that every screen has pixels, but it seems pretty noticeable.  When compared to the 8 Pro, the Android one looks not too clear.

7 Posts

December 12th, 2013 09:00

I just did and I don’t see anything with lines, at least something that I could consider with not good quality, maybe we are testing differently, but believe me, I have tested other tablets, and on this one the screen is very good.

14 Posts

December 13th, 2013 18:00

Mine has perfectly clear image quality and looks identical to the Pro models I've seen.

10 Posts

December 12th, 2013 08:00

On some backgrounds (like black) there is no issue.  Its crystal clear.  But if you have a all white background or a webpage with all white, for me it's pretty noticeable.  I'll try to see if I can attach a photo of what I see to a hosting site.    Brightness setting also doesnt seem to make a difference FYI.  

ETRAUD - see if you can google image search an all white background image and do a pinch zoom and see if you notice anything.

7 Posts

December 12th, 2013 08:00

hmm   that is strange,  I don't see any horizontal lines,    nor vertical,  they should not be visible,  I can see the pixels only If I take a picture and do a zoom of it.  but at simple sight I cannot see them,   I tried to upload a picture but I could not, any file I want to upload it's requesting me the file to be 64kb, which it is.

10 Posts

December 12th, 2013 11:00

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1960812/IMG_0071.JPG

I attached a link to the picture of my screen.  You can see the vertical lines very very faint, but its noticeable for me 

I called support for them to only explain that the Pro has a better display because its 1-more expensive and 2-windows

He suggested that I play a HD video side by side with the Venue 8 Pro

7 Posts

December 13th, 2013 07:00

Please compare with mine, I really don't see any vertical or horizontal lines, unless I do a super zoom to the image,  at simple sight I cannot notice any lines, it is really smooth and clear. and to be honest I am very picky with electronics devices, and this one is a pass for me (screen quality) :-D

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/af9sfhpb5mzpd8b/mrxu8CYPsG

hope it helps.

10 Posts

December 13th, 2013 10:00

Cool. Yeah thanks for the images. I'll have to call support for a warranty exchange. And somehow explain it to them.

10 Posts

December 13th, 2013 15:00

I'm getting a replacement next week. I'll update once the new one comes in.

7 Posts

December 17th, 2013 13:00

I am glad to hear that everything worked great for you,

could you please help me on checking af ew things taht I noticed on my tablet?  thread here..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4585/t/19536164.aspx

Thank you.

10 Posts

December 17th, 2013 13:00

My replacement arrived today and its 100% better!  My first Venue 8 must be slightly defective. 

With the new one, I dont see the "lines" or "pixels" at all.  It looks amazingly sharp!  Just like you guys say.

Really disappointed at the 1st tech support guy that tried explaining that the "Pro" had a better screen because it was more expensive.

No Events found!