Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2017 15:00

Venue 8 Pro 5830 battery swelling?

Have a Venue 8 Pro 5830 tablet 64 GB version I purchased back in  that has a swollen battery. battery is the original one by the way. Is there any affordable way to get a new Dell battery for this tablet or not?

6 Posts

May 13th, 2017 08:00

Most likely, as for options regarding the battery in each, best option in my view would be to replace them. Which then brings you to either getting the same replacement as the ones in currently in your Venue 8 Pro or going third party.  

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 28th, 2017 15:00

Can you private message me your Service Tag on the system? I would like to take a look at this.
Best regards,
Brad

1 Message

May 12th, 2017 18:00

I have 2 Venue 8 Pros that are swollen. I assume it's the battery. Is this a fire hazard and what are my options?

1 Message

January 23rd, 2018 09:00

Hi I have Dell Venue 8 pro with swelled battery. It has dislodged the screen and now I'm keeping it off and disconnected from the charging adapter  as not sure if it will cause any fire.

Do I need to send this to Dell. Here are some numbers I got from the tablet:

Dell Venue 8 Pro (5830)

Made in CN

DP/N: 0MGK72

1K 13CK

1 Message

April 25th, 2018 06:00

Hi, I have 2 Dell batteries which have swollen, whilst i will remove and replace are there any associated hazards with the swollen batteries?

Thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

April 27th, 2018 04:00

@robbo698wrote:

Hi, I have 2 Dell batteries which have swollen, whilst i will remove and replace are there any associated hazards with the swollen batteries?

Thanks

Hi Robbo, 

A swollen battery itself should not pose any hazard, however if they are mishandled or removed incorrectly they could pose a hazard.

This is our recommendation for swollen battery removal

Discharge the battery as much as possible before removing from the system. This can be done by disconnecting the A/C adapter from the system to allow the system to drain the battery.
◦Do not apply pressure to the surface of the battery
◦Do not bend
◦Do not use tools of any kind to pry on or against the battery

The following link explains how the disposal options in your region - http://www.dell.com/support/article/ie/en/iebsdt1/sln297041/how-do-i-recycle-dispose-of-my-dell-battery-?lang=en

Alan

1 Message

March 17th, 2020 12:00

I have a Venue Pro that is registered through Dell. The screen pulled off due to battery swelling and just fell apart. This is being used daily and this is pretty unreal. What can I do? This is a potent little guy that I need. Please help. @Dell-Alan D 

No Events found!