Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2016 05:00

Venue 8 Pro (5830) severe graphics error

Hi,

I installed Win 10 Pro on my V8P last year and everything was running well for about a month or two.

Then, while the tablet was installing a Win10 Update sometime in August last year, it started displaying severe graphics errors:

It does actually get even more severe than shown above.

I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem. I spend days trying to fix the problem without success last year and recently gave it another go. Still, I have been mostly unsuccessful.

I have it running with Win10 Pro and the standard Microsoft Display drivers right now without the error as shown above. However, with these drivers the tablet is much slower, does not turn off the backlight when going into standby and always has the backlight at 100%.

I loved the tablet while it was working, great little machine, so I would like to get it running properly again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It would be great if it could be fixed.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 28th, 2016 10:00

MK-III,

You can roll back the Windows 10 update since it is causing problems with the tablet.

915 Posts

November 28th, 2016 18:00

I hate to even mention it, but, a full system refresh?  Sometimes the only way I can see--and have experienced--for Windows glitches, unfortunately.

No Events found!