Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

June 18th, 2019 18:00

Venue 8 Pro (5855) Won't charge the battery, yet still works

I've been seeing a lot of articles about the Venue 8 Pro's 2013 model not charging the battery, but every time they had a problem where their tablet won't boot at all. My tablet (5855)'s battery died a week ago, so I went to charge it yesterday, and it turned on just fine, I just had one issue; The battery wouldn't actually charge. I checked in the BIOS to see what was happening and it displayed some sort of battery error that said it wasn't having any power sent to it.

I then waited until today to see if it maybe just needed a bit more time to charge, and nothing changed, the tablet still instantly dies when I unplug it. I've tried doing the whole "deep discharge" process too, to no avail. Is there a way that I could somehow "force" power into the thing just so that it gets detected like normal again? How would a perfectly fine battery on a tablet I've only owned for 3 months just completely stop working? Also, I'm pretty sure I can't get a warranty on this thing because it was originally owned in Germany.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No Responses!
No Events found!