Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2014 06:00

Venue 8 Pro - Recovery disc creation impossible without USB or Burner - huh?

Prehaps I'm missing something, but after unpackaging my DV8 Pro, I attemped to create the backup/recovery discs.   Software loads fine, but the only options it gives are to USB or DVD Burner - neither are included in the tablet specs.

Plug in a USB drive?  think again - the USB jack is micro, and needs and an OTG cable.    Why wasn't this OTG cable included, at least then I'd be able to use a thumbdrive.

So while I wait for my OTG to arrive, am I missing something - is there another way or option (over WIFI to my desktop ???)   Simularly, the DV8 Pro comes with a CD (MS office Student?) how do I load that into the tablet?

Was going to buy a portable DVD burner, but then I was told the DV8 Pro USB port - even with an OTG cable wont power some devices like external HDD's and Burners.  

Love the tablet, but the getting data in / data out to another device is awkward!

Suggestions?

429 Posts

February 21st, 2014 08:00

If you have a MicroSD card, it will use that as well...but must be installed. I found out the hard way...I have a Sandisk MicroSDXC card and I wasn't paying attention. I just followed default all the way through and found at the end that the Sandisk had been chosen and written to for recovery media, thus wiping out all the data I had put on it. Again...make sure that you have a MicroSDXC card installed and you should be given a third choice...
No Events found!