Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2013 13:00

Venue 8 Pro Touch problems in desktop mode

I use Amazon cloud player, and it is nearly impossible to click on a individual song or album using the touch screen.  Why is this and does a mouse help this?  I feel i shouldn't need a mouse to click on a song or album to play.  Any help would be great!

PS-This is my first post so sorry if it has been asked before?

2 Posts

December 4th, 2013 14:00

Thanks Jay for the idea, 

I'm going to try to reinstall it after I updated all the dell software/firmware updates.  Hopefully this will help.  I love the cloud player app and I really hope Amazon release one in the windows marketplace.  I was wondering if a stylus might help with pinpointing the song or album.  Anyone else have an idea?

Greg

16 Posts

I was just able to log in to Amazon and play a song out of my cloud storage using IE (without the Amazon client).

I have found that using pure IE allows resizing of the screen using the fingers.

Not all apps allow for this, including Chrome.

Maybe this will help.

6 Posts

Install this.  I got the tip from another forum and it is awesome for clicking and dragging tiny things on normal pc desktop program.  I use it in "float" mode and have it on my taskbar next to the keyboard icon.

http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchmousepointer/en-us/

27 Posts

December 4th, 2013 20:00

Love the Touch Mouse Pointer software.  The latest version works great with the Venue 8 Pro and makes the teeny desktop objects manageable.  I ordered the Dell active stylus for note taking.

16 Posts

December 5th, 2013 03:00

THANK YOU for sharing this!  The "touch mouse pointer" is quite a nice enhancement!  

I have physical touchpads on all my laptops and wireless keyboards.  This is beautiful.

16 Posts

December 5th, 2013 03:00

I also have a stylus, which I purchase for OneNote.  I have found myself using it more for pointing and clicking.

No Events found!