Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2015 09:00

Venue Pro 11 5130 bricked by Win10 upgrade?

I recently performed the Win10 installation on one of my Venue Pro 11's. At some point during the process, not quite sure how far through, the unit rebooted and has been unresponsive since. Behavior is similar to the "stuck in Sleep" issue that we all seem to have with these units from time to time:

- Haptic feedback on power up.  Windows key will provide haptic feedback as well. Screen remains completely black.  Left in this state the tablet will remain noticeably warm, fan may occasionally run.

- Only thing that can be done from here is holding down power for 11 seconds, which seems to power down the unit.  Seems like it charges normally when cable is attached.  

- Attempting to power on with volume buttons for screen test or BIOS boot doesn't change any of the behavior.

- Reseating the battery doesn't help.  I even reseated the CMOS battery connector, no change in behavior. Swapping the main battery with another unit I have makes no difference.

Naturally, this is all happening after my warranty expired in August. So, am I screwed?

27 Posts

October 4th, 2015 16:00

Call Dell sales - if your warranty is within 30 days of expiration you might have some options to extend or to get good service rates if needed.

No Events found!