Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2014 18:00

Venue Pro 11 7130 iastora.sys event 129

I completely removed intel rapid storage. As it turns out, the iastora.sys file is necessary for Intel chipset - not just related to RST. So now I get the lockup every couple minutes AND the unit gets hot. I am also on BIOS A10 (most recent). Running out of ideas... With the number of people commenting on this problem and no apparent remedy I'm getting ready to throw this thing in the garbage.

109 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 09:00

I posted a fix for this I found here.  http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2013/06/21/event-id-129-storachi-reset-to-device-device-raidport0-was-issued.aspx

Turn off "Link State Power Management" in the Power Plan - PCI Express

4 Posts

November 19th, 2014 09:00

I was able to solve this problem:

1.  A temporary work-around is to disable the Paging Executive.  Disabling the Paging Executive prevents Windows from swapping memory used by device drives out to the paging file.  The path to the registry entry is here:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

and the key is:

DisablePagingExecutive

Change the value from 0 to 1 to disable.  You will need to reboot to put the change into effect.

2.  An actual fix, as apposed to the work-around, appears to require a BIOS update.  Motherboards with the Intel RAID controller (mine happens to be ICH10R, but there are others) include BIOS code for the chip.  This is called a ROM option.  Upgrading the MB's BIOS includes any available upgrades to the RAID controller's BIOS.  My upgrade took me from version 11.2.0.1066 of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager to version 12.0.0.1783 of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel has renamed their RAID software to Rapid Storage Technology). 

109 Posts

November 19th, 2014 10:00

Interesting but my Intel Rapid Storage Technology is already at 13.2.4.1000 (A13).

I have not had an error 129 - reset since Sept 30 when I disabled the Link Power Management under the performance tab of IRST

4 Posts

November 19th, 2014 16:00

I first started having this problem after a drive that was part of a RAID 1 volume failed.  That was back in April of 2014.  Somehow, and I can't recall how, I did something that caused the problem to go away completely until about 2 weeks ago, when the remaining original drive of the RAID 1 volume failed.  I've since replaced all the hard drives with newer ones and that's when this problem started again.  I'm wondering if the firmware in the newer drives is not compatible in some way with the older ICH10R BIOS.

There seems to be a handful of disparate solutions to this problem.

No Events found!