Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

November 17th, 2015 21:00

Venue Pro 8 - Windows 10 Clean Install - touch pad not working

Attempted a clean install from media creation tool on USB stick - stuck on first screen that shows Language, Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method. Can't click on the NEXT button as touchpad is not working. Attempted to use a USB mouse and a USB keyboard via USB hub, but they are not working on this tablet either. I can't power down. No response from any of the buttons on the tablet. What do I need to do?

6 Posts

November 19th, 2015 06:00

UPDATE: After letting the tablet set all night, I was able to power it down. When I powered it back up, it started normally (WIN 8.1). I connected the USB hub and mouse and keyboard, but they don't work. I tried the mouse and keyboard individually, and they don't work. I am unable to do a clean install without at least the mouse. Could this have anything to do with the hard drive being nearly full? I deleted all personal files, and uninstalled all apps that I had added to the tablet, I now have 2.3 Gigs of free space left. I also have a 64 Gig SD card that has nothing on it (never did get this tablet to install apps to the card).

No Events found!