Highlighted
prbd
1 Copper

Re: Venue Pro Service Tag Not Identified / Unlock Issue

One week has passed since I registered my product on www.dell.com/register and even as I type it still says

Invalid Service Tag

The Service Tag XXXXXXX you have entered is invalid. Please enter a different service tag in order to proceed to the next step.

If i go to www.dell.com/register (Retail Registration) and enter my Service Tag

Registration Complete

This PC has already been registered. If you need to update your information, please use the Ownership Transfer Form located.

which means my registration has been successful.

The day I registered my product after going to Retail Registration and entering my Serivce Tag I had to enter various details and now it says Registration Complete.

Could any one from Technical Support please help out in this case as its been really frustrating moving from one department to another and getting the same answer that it takes time for service tag to be recognized. Could you please not speed up the process???

0 Kudos
prbd
1 Copper

Two weeks without any resolution! Really I am short of words 😞

0 Kudos
termitor
1 Copper

I think your Service Tag will be never registered. I meet girl on my forum, who registered it 4 month ago and still nothing 😃

0 Kudos
prbd
1 Copper

Hmm. I am told it takes around 30 days post registration. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. The registration went off successfully so hopefully it would show up in their systems soon.

0 Kudos
FUNFIRE
1 Copper

if your dvp is locked???

i can unlock it in 10mins

if you want!

termitor
1 Copper

great. how much it will cost for me?

0 Kudos
termitor
1 Copper

Great! how much it will cost for me?

0 Kudos
prbd
1 Copper

thank you for your offer. There are many people who can unlock it and it takes only 10 minutes I am aware of it. But according to me, its Dells responsibility to provide me with the unlock code. I will wait for the process to be completed.

0 Kudos
termitor
1 Copper

It is Dell responsibility only in case, when you bought your phone through official site. In other cases Dell can reject your request. And as I know it will be in that way. It will be very difficult to get unlock code from Dell, if your Service Tag is absent in Dell's database.

0 Kudos
prbd
1 Copper

Well if you purchased the phone via a retail store paying close to the full price box packed sealed without contract then my understanding is that it is Dells responsibility. The MSRP of DVP is USD 299.99 so if you buy it at a little discount from a retail store then Dell needs to provide you warranty and unlock code. But say you purchase the phone at USD 50 / 100 or something like that and the box / phone says its a LOCKED / UNDER CONTRACT phone (usually the box packing say so) only then can Dell say that its not its responsibility. Further, when I registered on Dell site using www.dell.com/register and I filled up all details the message stated Your device has been successfully registered. Not sure what takes them 30 days to update it on their systems.

0 Kudos