kekado
1 Copper

Re: Venue Pro Status?

I honestly think that customer support is doing all it can from wherever it is outsourced to. But as it stands, Dell is doing a really poor job here. One would expect that you'd hear about the delay more than one day before it's supposed to be delivered. My online order status still states December 14th, for what it's worth.

Even if there are issues with hardware or software, it's ludicrous to expect customers to tolerate a 3 week delay without warning. Really, very poorly planned, and something that will make me think twice about ordering from Dell again.

0 Kudos
bernajo
1 Copper

What is the deal here Dell?

You guys released a product plagued with issues yet we stuck by you. 

You swapped out peoples phones only to have  a new sim card issue arise and we still stuck by.

Now come delivery date we get nothing but conflicting information from your horrible customer service out in Mumbai or where ever You guys are actively killing your own product.  After the dell streak launch I would think that you guys would value the customers who stuck with you.  Instead you leave us misinformed and peed off.  I have been told everything from "your order will arrive tomorrow" to "your order will arrive jan 4th."  No one seems to know anything for sure, your customer service over the phone is deplorable and you expect us to spend our hard earned money with you.  I returned my HD7 expecting to have my Venue pro here tomorrow and missed out on the buy one get one free deal. With the holidays and all the gifts I have purchased for family I now have to go without a phone for weeks.  I will never ever purchased a dell product in my life ever again.  I don't expect magic, I do however expect good customer service.  I expect for dell to know what is going on with my order the day it is supposed to be shipped.

Is that too much to ask?

0 Kudos
Medicrn25
1 Copper

Same here , I called customer support the person on the phone said they dont see a delay on their computers and they said it it looks like to them like it will be here tomorrow, 12/14,I ordered overnight delivery so It should ship tonight . The problem is, he also said when its shipped I should receive a email saying its been shipped OR if its delayed I will be sent a email saying its delayed. I have not received either email. So still waiting.:emotion-39:

0 Kudos
bernajo
1 Copper

Now we have Amy at dell on twitter saying there are delays.  This thing was supposed to launch last month and they can't even release it on time?  Dell has taken what should be the best windows phone 7 device and killed all anticipation for it.  Now all they have is a bunch of sour angry customers.  What makes me mad is I was very patient up until today. But this has been such a  rotten experience.  I am like dog the bounty hunter trying to find just a tidbit of info.

0 Kudos
DRJones616
1 Copper

Same here, I purchased as soon as I got the email on Dec 1st and have an expected delivery date of Dec. 17th. I spoke to someone last week Fri. and was told that it would ship on the 13th meaning today. Well I didn't see any movement so I called again and was told that it looks like it could be delayed but that I would definitely get it b4 Christmas. This phone is suppose to be a xmas gift but if I don't get any news by tomorrow then I will have to go for the HD7. I am a loyal customer of Dell I purchase a lot of my gadgets from them and I have always received great customer service, but right now I am greatly disappointed.

0 Kudos
Kymera77
1 Copper

I ordered 12/1 with a delivery date of 12/15, and a shipping date of the 9th.  It is still sitting at a status of In Production.  I spent 40+ minutes on the phone with Dell (35 minutes of it on hold) to find out that there is a build time of 8 days and that Dell has none of these phones in the warehouse to ship.  However, no one at Dell's legendarily poor support team or anyone in any public facing capacity has any sort of information.  All we get is trite meaningless apologies and misinformation.  If you want upset customers, you have found the magic formula.

0 Kudos
ms_fanboy76
1 Copper

I got an email today... order is delayed, with new estimate being 01/06/2011.  This is garbage.  While I'm not going to make wild, rash statements quite yet, I am seriously considering cancelling.   A new OS is released over a month ago and they can't get their phone out until 2 months later?  MS must be fuming over in Redmond.

0 Kudos
Kymera77
1 Copper

I am a bit upset since no one at Dell has sent an e-mail or posted anything of significance for a while.   All they would have to do is post a status on the delivery.  For example, we found an issue during our testing where the phone would not stay connected to secure wifi and are implementing a fix, or production of the phone is not achieving the quantities we would like, or we are updating the camera software so it will actually, you know, take pictures.   

It seems a little suspicious that Dell would bring this phone to market 12/1, to catch the Christmas shoppers when they appear to have know,and engaged in a campaign of misinformation, that there was essentially no chance of this phone shipping before 1/2011.

0 Kudos
ZeusAlmight
2 Bronze

Honestly what's just as astounding is that a few of the WP7 phones announced there would be a delay in advance, got it worked out prior to release, and were still out on time while this one continues to make strides in the complete opposite direction.  More problems every day?

Firmware can be updated, I personally wouldn't care if sometimes some Bluetooth accessories didn't work, they'll get around to fixing it.  What bugs me is that it's quite obvious people are more concerned about having the actual phone in their hand and their being so..I can't even use a negative descriptive word again I'm sure or they'll ban me if I read their last email correctly.  So anyways..this just gets old.

0 Kudos
DRJones616
1 Copper

I received the same email stating that phone would be delayed, and since this was suppose to be a Christmas gift I canceled and ordered the HD7. Dell really disappointed me this time around, but at least I got the delay email before it was too late to order the HD7 which "Thank God" I will be receiving this week.

0 Kudos