RE: Venue vPro 11 7130 Freezing issues

Jump to solution

One other question - is the tablet standalone or in one of the docks and if so, which one?

0 Kudos
Crazydan
2 Iron

Jump to solution

As of now, it's standalone. I have a dock and keyboard on order. If we don't have it solved before they arrive, I'll update you on if either have any affect on the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tedbrock
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I also have a problem where it freezes up periodically.  The screen doesn't change it just locks up and doesn't respond until I push the power the button off and back on.  interestingly, in one example, I tapped a link but nothing happens, I can't swipe or move the arrow with the touch pad (I am using the soft keyboard cover) but when I re-start, the new web page is open.  Also, while it frozen the windows button gives me feedback.  To me it seems like it is the screen that freezes, not the whole system.

I also have several other issues, like it won't charge correctly (the whole audio won't let it sleep issue) and when I suspend and unsuspend it doesn't know it is connected to the keyboard, so I have to un-dock and re-dock.  I am also not greatly impressed  with how the stylus works.

I did not put all that in this post in hopes to get answers to everything, it's just data.  I am going to play with it more over the weekend and see if I can reproduce the errors on demand and get some video.  And start my own post.

Thanks,

Ted 

Crazydan
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Thanks for the additional info Ted.  Hopefully it'll help pinpoint what the problem is with these devices.  

I just recorded a video of the glitch happening, and I'm in the process of uploading it to YouTube.  I'll post the link when it's ready.

0 Kudos
tedbrock
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Oh, I have the venue 11 pro 7130/7139 (how do I know which one?)

It is the i5 4gb memory 128gb ssd

0 Kudos
Crazydan
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I think the 7139 had the added security features like the fingerprint scanner.  I don't think Dell has released those yet though.

0 Kudos
tedbrock
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I did msinfo32 and see it is a 7130.  Thank you

0 Kudos
Crazydan
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Here's a link to the video.  The glitch happens at about 55 seconds into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy8BfGIdOs8&feature=youtu.be

0 Kudos
MontyInNJ
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Vpro i5 4300Y

Current driver load.

Dell Client System updates report system current.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<SVMInventory lang="e" timeStamp="2013-12-13T20:20:44" schemaVersion="1.0"><OperatingSystem usingTPMmeasurements="FALSE" spMinorVersion="0" spMajorVersion="0" minorVersion="3" majorVersion="6" osArch="x64" osVendor="Microsoft"/><System TPMmeasurementsOn="FALSE" systemID="0605"/><Device impactsTPMmeasurements="TRUE" display="BIOS" componentID="159"><Application display="BIOS" version="A05" componentType="BIOS"/></Device><Device display="PCI standard host CPU bridge" function="0" device="0" bus="0" subVendorID="1028" su...<Application display="PCI standard host CPU bridge Driver" version="6.3.9600.16384" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) 8 Series SMBus Controller - 9C22" function="3" device="31" bus="0" subVend...<Application display="Intel(R) 8 Series SMBus Controller - 9C22 Driver" version="9.4.0.1023" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" function="0" device="2" bus="0" subVendorID="1028" sub...<Application display="Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Driver" version="10.18.10.3316" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14" function="0" device="28" bus="0"...<Application display="Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14 Driver" version="9.4.0.1023" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) 8 Series LPC Controller (Premium SKU) - 9C43" function="0" device="31" bus...<Application display="Intel(R) 8 Series LPC Controller (Premium SKU) - 9C43 Driver" version="9.4.0.1023" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) 8 Series USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 9C26" function="0" device="29" ...<Application display="Intel(R) 8 Series USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 9C26 Driver" version="9.4.0.1025" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #4 - 9C16" function="3" device="28" bus="0"...<Application display="Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #4 - 9C16 Driver" version="9.4.0.1023" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="High Definition Audio Controller" function="0" device="27" bus="0" subVendorID="102...<Application display="High Definition Audio Controller Driver" version="6.3.9600.16384" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)" function="3" device="22" bus="0...<Application display="Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3) Driver" version="9.5.10.1586" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller" function="0" device="0" bus="2" subVendorID="...<Application display="O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller Driver" version="2.2.2.1045" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)" function="0" device...<Application display="Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) Driver" version="6.3.9600.16384" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" function="2" device="31" bus...<Application display="Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Driver" version="12.8.2.1000" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) Management Engine Interface " function="0" device="22" bus="0" subVendorID...<Application display="Intel(R) Management Engine Interface Driver" version="9.5.14.1724" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" function="0" device="0" bus="1" subVendorID="8...<Application display="Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Driver" version="16.6.0.8" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Realtek High Definition Audio" function="0" device="0" bus="0" subVendorID="1028" s...<Application display="Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" version="6.0.1.7090" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Dell Client System Update" componentID="23400"><Application display="Dell Client System Update" version="1.3.0" componentType="APAC"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" componentID="100638"><Application display="Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" version="12.8.2.1000" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Dell Power Manager" componentID="27394"><Application display="Dell Power Manager" version="1.1.0" componentType="APAC"/></Device><Device display="O2Micro Flash Memory Card Windows Driver" componentID="27129"><Application display="O2Micro Flash Memory Card Windows Driver" version="3.0.08.21" componentType="DRVR"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology" componentID="29761"><Application display="Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology" version="3.0.0.1053" componentType="APAC"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology" componentID="100058"><Application display="Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology" version="4.2.41.2459" componentType="APAC"/></Device><Device display="Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology(patch version 3.0.133...<Application display="Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology(patch version 3.0.1335.5)" version="3.1.1307.0362" componentType="APAC"/></Device><Device display="NXP NearFieldProximity Provider" componentID="100650"><Application display="NXP NearFieldProximity Provider" version="6.5.2.0" componentType="DRVR"/></Device></SVMInventory>

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks very much - this is helpful information.   Looking into this!

0 Kudos