droujav
2 Bronze

RE: Venue vPro 11 7130 Freezing issues

Jump to solution

Hi, I am guessing you got the 3345 version directly from the Intel website? I tried installing it but got an error that it is not for my tablet... so that's what you mean by installing "manually", you bypassed the normal install process ?

BTW: the "ghost touch" or "star wars effect" or "bubble effect" or whatever we call it, mostly happens when I am using the dock.

I also have the flaky thin keyboard and have to plug / unplug 2/3 times to get it to work, and once I get it to work, it will ALWAYS 100% disconnect if I flip the cover over the tablet (closed mode).

At least the flaky thin keyboard is predictable somehow... but the dock is REALLY where the fun is, totally unpredictable, always a surprise when I go back to the tablet (in sleep mode) !!! sometimes I get the "bubble effect", sometime frozen, sometimes no monitor, and always I seem to lose network connection (I have a Citrix receive that disconnect each time)...

0 Kudos
MarcAntiny
1 Copper

Jump to solution

NEXT_MILENIUM

I put the computer to sleep manually at 11:45 AM and woke it at 2:45 PM and my battery is at 98%.

As I am typing this though, the tablet screen went dark and after touching it to get the screen back the ghost touching is now happening again! I thought that was over. Now it appears to be even worse as the tablet is unresponsive to any touch at all now. The windows button on the bottom of the tablet will move it between tiles and desktop but nowhere else is touch working. After hitting the power button and bringing back to the login screen I was able to use the tablet again normally.

Dell Brian, here is the link to the video. https://plus.google.com/104068611707013698553/posts/FLT1gTMrzQc

0 Kudos
MarcAntiny
1 Copper

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Crazydan
2 Iron

Jump to solution

This thread was created to focus on freezing issues that resulted in system crashes.  While I have experienced the ghost touch issue with both of the tablets I've used, I can say that it is independent from any problem that causes the system to crash.  

I've created a new thread (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19540403.aspx) for ghost touch problems/symptoms/potential fixes.  Let's try to keep the two problems separated.  

Thanks.

Jcink
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Is there a place I can send a dump file to from a blue screen of death? My Venue 11 Pro 7130 froze up momentarily and this happened.

This is a link to my error reports with the latest:

http://someimage.com/kftHKEF

I updated to the newest intel graphics but haven't done anything else. The freeze issue still happens to me where for around 3-5 seconds it'll freeze, but it is not as terrible as before. i hadnt seen a blue screen in a while.

-------------------------

My Systems:

Inspiron E1505, PowerEdge T100, PowerEdge SC430, PowerEdge T310, Venue 11 Pro 7130 i5 4210Y, no more, sold it and bailed. Good luck.

0 Kudos
jyan_osu
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I've run into an issue with the 7130 thas has 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD.

I was playing Paper's Please when the entire screen froze. I could hear the game continue going on and I had to press the power button a few times to get the screen back to working.

Same thing happened when watching a video on XBMC. I was skipping to a few areas and suddenly the entire screen froze with the image that was there before everything stopped working. Yet, I could still hear the audio of the video continue to play. Had to push the power button a few times to get it back to where I could use the touch screen or keyboard.

This happened with the mobile keyboard (one with battery) attached and unplugged. 

Happens randomly, but it does happen. I'll have to check the event viewer next time as I can't remember what time exactly this happened and I was traveling from the west coast to the east coast.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleB69
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Had the weird random display touch issue as well but since I updated the touch display with the firmware on Dells site I have not seen it since (fingers crossed). Should mention the is a brand new Venue 11 (4300Y, 256/8GB). I do have several other issues and somehow the software just does not seem finished.

Freezing - Yes, sometimes it just seems to hang randomly for a few seconds, typically when gaming

Keyboard - Problems detecting when keboard is removed or attached (Question: Is the thin keyboard not supposed to support folding like on the surface?)

Keyboard - Freeze, but screen still Works

Battery reporting/management seems off it states that it is charging but % is dropping? If the tablet is shutdown I can recharge to full, during the day it only seems like I can slow the % drop. Had a single warning that my battery is defect. But Ince then it has passed all test.

Funny thing is that even for long list of faults I really like this tablet.. just hope all the problems are fixable

0 Kudos
Parja
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Marcantiny-

Do you have the i5 version as well? I'd be interested to know how your battery holds up when you put yours to sleep as in what % is drained per hour.

thabks.

The few times I've checked it after letting the two I have sit overnight, it's been right around 3-3.5% per hour.

0 Kudos
Parja
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This thread was created to focus on freezing issues that resulted in system crashes.  While I have experienced the ghost touch issue with both of the tablets I've used, I can say that it is independent from any problem that causes the system to crash.  

I've created a new thread (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19540403.aspx) for ghost touch problems/symptoms/potential fixes.  Let's try to keep the two problems separated.  

Thanks.

I wouldn't be so quick to try to dismiss these issues as unrelated.

0 Kudos
josemh
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I finally decided to refresh Windows on my 7130 as the constant freezing makes it utterly useless at this point.  The refresh keeps all my modern (from app store) application and removed all the classic (non-metro) applications.  It also kept all my files, though I had already backed everything up.  What is nice is that it created a 'Removed Apps.html' file on the desktop the displays all the removed apps along with their publisher and version information.  Many of the apps even contain links to either the developer or where they can be downloaded.  Nice feature.

However, not 5 minutes after restarting once the refresh was done, I started experiencing the freezing again.  As before, it starts with the 'Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued' warning.  This is usually followed by several more warning and/or error messages that all occur within seconds of the reset warning.  I'm including the details for the warning below for Brian.  I guess my next step is to perform a full reset of the OS to see if that helps.  

Here is the XML from the event log:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="iaStorA" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="32772">129</EventID>
  <Level>3</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-01-13T17:51:54.525928200Z" />
  <EventRecordID>955</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>JoseTablet</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>\Device\RaidPort0</Data>
  <Binary>0F001800010000000000000081000480040000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000810004800000000000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

0 Kudos