SoerenG
1 Copper

RE: Venue vPro 11 7130 Freezing issues

Jump to solution

And now? What we can do with our unusable device? I'm very dissapointed about the support of Dell. I think I send my device back and look for another Tablet.

0 Kudos
skyrida32
2 Iron

Jump to solution
So brain can u fill us in on what's going on, what happened to the reviews we posted that are not showing up which r honest reviews becuz those are the devices we revived its not bias review, why is the review not up.
0 Kudos
droujav
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi, I am still having freezing issues, seems to be getting worse, unusable... I just shipped the device+slim keyboard back to depot as suggested by Dell (not sure what they will do...). Looks to me like a product recall... I am disappointed, will probably buy a Surface now. Here's what I had done so far:

1- Installed new touch panel firmware

2- Restored Windows to factory settings (and then I let Windows updates and Dell updates run)

3- De-installed Realtek audio (BUT re-installed with latest driver from dell.com afterwards)

4- Did the REGEDIT fix for keyboard

5- disabled the 2 Wyse services (in Windows services)

Venue 11 Pro i5-4210y, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, BIOS A05

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So brain can u fill us in on what's going on, what happened to the reviews we posted that are not showing up which r honest reviews becuz those are the devices we revived its not bias review, why is the review not up.

I'm pretty sure that we use a third party company to manage reviews, but I don't know much about the process.   I'm sure that there is some sort of qualification system in place, but I know that they don't screen or hide "bad" reviews - look at the 5-star on the stylus.

0 Kudos
Parja
1 Copper

Jump to solution

[quote user="skyrida32"]So there is a ao8 bios but its not released externally does this mean the update won't be posted is it only available thru future products, so people who already have the device will not get the update or what is this externally release.

Don't go off the deep end, it likely just means they're working on A09 or something more stable for public release.

[/quote]

Yep, I'm guessing A08 didn't pass testing.  Unfortunately at this point, I can't expect my employer to take the risk of these issues not getting fixed soon and will have to get our two sent back...plus the docks and keyboards, should those ever arrive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleB69
1 Copper

Jump to solution

As posted earlier my device is very stabel running A06 and updated Intel Rapid Storage driver and touch firmware. I did nothing else to the unit but Windows update. I am using it with a dock at Work (where it always runs perfect) and a mobile keyboard. All in all it is a great device and it has replaced my other devices.

All is not perfect though. I do see screen artifacrs comming out of sleep. But they go away fast. A few freezes in tablet mode but it never hangs for more than a sec. All in all it seems to be all about power management as the power drain also seems to be a bit over the top. But as my daily device it is doing more than fine.

I'll keep my device as the performance and usability is perfect and even with the minor bugs it is one amazing device.

I am using a Dell Venue Pro 7130

8GB Memory & 256GB Disk

0 Kudos
bribiesca
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

i couldn't agree with you more.

I am glad we stuck with them. Yes they aren't perfect, but this device has the potential of delivering everything we needed.

A tablet that could replace our heavy mobile precision laptops.

Docked they are amazing. Yes a few issues coming back from sleep. Sometimes losing the monitor configurations but its things that I can live with for now.

0 Kudos
hrana1998
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm experience most all of the problems described in this thread. I have already had one tablet replaced. My problem list is as follows:

1. Random freezes as described in this thread. It seems like it is related to power management but I have experience such freezes due to malfunction HDD/SSD in the past.

2. Bluetooth mouse disconnects. This was fixed by disabling Power Management on the Bluetooth adapter.

3. Ghost touch/swipe issue. This can be recreated by waking the unit from sleep. I have video of the issue which manifests itself with hundreds of touches and swipes on the screen for several minutes on end. It eventually goes away.

4. The unit won't power on or wake from sleep randomly. Sometimes it requires fully turning off the device to get it to function.

5. The Travel Keyboard (with battery inside) makes poor contact with the tablet so it will disconnect and reconnect randomly. This will probably require a replacement keyboard.

6. The Travel Keyboard trackpad is very sensitive to any touch so it's very hard to move it precisely. Dell needs to release a utility that will dull the sensitivity but still allow an increase in pointer movement across the screen.

7. The Travel Keyboard trackpad should have an option to be disabled once typing. Unintentional clicks all over the screen are getting very annoying.

8. When will the redesigned Stylus be available for us to purchase? Also, what's the Part Number of the new stylus?

0 Kudos
BryanWieg
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I also have noted many of these, but I want to mention #5.

Frequently my tablet may move slightly in its keyboard dock, and I get a message of disconnected battery. I notice in the dock, some of the pins are not as high as others.

I'm experience most all of the problems described in this thread. I have already had one tablet replaced. My problem list is as follows:

1. Random freezes as described in this thread. It seems like it is related to power management but I have experience such freezes due to malfunction HDD/SSD in the past.

2. Bluetooth mouse disconnects. This was fixed by disabling Power Management on the Bluetooth adapter.

3. Ghost touch/swipe issue. This can be recreated by waking the unit from sleep. I have video of the issue which manifests itself with hundreds of touches and swipes on the screen for several minutes on end. It eventually goes away.

4. The unit won't power on or wake from sleep randomly. Sometimes it requires fully turning off the device to get it to function.

5. The Travel Keyboard (with battery inside) makes poor contact with the tablet so it will disconnect and reconnect randomly. This will probably require a replacement keyboard.

6. The Travel Keyboard trackpad is very sensitive to any touch so it's very hard to move it precisely. Dell needs to release a utility that will dull the sensitivity but still allow an increase in pointer movement across the screen.

7. The Travel Keyboard trackpad should have an option to be disabled once typing. Unintentional clicks all over the screen are getting very annoying.

8. When will the redesigned Stylus be available for us to purchase? Also, what's the Part Number of the new stylus?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks guys - we're working to resolve all of these issues.   Latest status that I can share is below:

1. Expect that we'll have a BIOS revision soon that should resolve this.   Actively being worked.

2. The power management patch should fix this. 

3. Try disabling the panel self refresh and panel power management under the Intel Graphics Driver properties as a possible improvement or workaround.    Expect that we'll have a panel firmware in the near future that should resolve this without the need to disable PSR or panel power management.

4. Try power management patch to see if this improves or resolves.   Possibly related to #1 - this is still under investigation.

5. Can you take a video of the gap and try to get the enumeration sounds on audio and share here or on youtube for me?   I've seen a small number of people reporting this - sounds like a mechanical issue but we need to understand before we can fix.   After you take the video, I'd suggest replacing the keyboard for now - let me know if that does not resolve it.

6. We have what is called a precision touch pad on this device.   This is a new certification from Microsoft.   I've had a couple others ask about a utility to disable the touchpad.   Not sure what we can do here but I'm looking into it with the software teams.  

7. Same as #6.   One possible workaround (haven't tried it myself) is here -> http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

8. Very soon - I'll share as soon as I have confirmation.

Thanks for continuing to help out by providing useful information on these forums.

0 Kudos