DPCDell
1 Copper

RE: Venue vPro 11 7130 Freezing issues

Jump to solution

Brian,

Will the Freeze issue be resolved or should I return my tablet?  I have the 7130 with 256 GB Hard Drive and 8GB of RAM.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
berglake
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have used my venue 11 pro 7130 (i5 4300Y 8gb ram) for 2 weeks and it run perfectly with no issues at all.

No freezes at all.

0 Kudos
hrana1998
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Guys, we'll have another BIOS (A09 was not intended to resolve this issue) and some firmware available soon.   I'll update here when I have committed dates for web post on these items.   Please don't contact support to try to swap to another drive brand as I don't expect that to resolve the issue.

Can you give us some detail as to what the issue might be? I'm looking forward to the freezing issue and ghost touch issue going away. Along with a new stylus this can be one of the best tablets on the market.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleB69
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am in a bit of a tie on this. All the problems I have with the device is when in Tablet/Mobile mode and they are random from:

Black screen after power-on and several tries before it actually displays anything on the screen, freezes, sometimes a huge power use, display glitches and my keyboards still disconnect and sometimes it wont detect that it is not docked anymore so i have to reeboot to get the on-screen keyboard 

and as said  thiese are random.. some days it just Works!

But then I go to work and pop it into my dock and it is jut so sweet. Fast fluent and absolutely perfect. It feels like this device is sooooooo close to being optimal but I can't reccomend it as approved for business due to all these issues..

For now I am still patient.. but if nothing changes soon I will have to make a negative decesion.

0 Kudos
samanfeg
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So I decided to do complete rollback to Factory Image and start over to see if it helps. But I still had freezing issues and ghost screens when my LPM was enabled. But 2 days ago something happened  and my device is now functioning miraculously good.

The only explanation is that my McAfee trial expired and I had to uninstall it. After that I have a very fast and responsive device. Even with the LPM on I haven't had freezing issues for 2 days now. And I am consuming %2.5 battery on standby (with wifi and BT off) which is quite a boost compared to %6-7 I heard in the forums.

Anybody want to check to see if McAfee is the issue for you too or it was just a weird coincidence for me?

I'll update you if I get the troubles back again.

0 Kudos
tedbrock
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I uninstalled McAffee right away, but still have the problems.  Some days it just works for me and some days its infuriating.

0 Kudos
GEBoynton
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Karmic ...  Brian from Dell says it's not unusual for hard drives and some other parts to be interchangeable.  I just thought it was odd that there wasn't accurate labeling between the device and the paperwork. 

Regardless, he says the next BIOS update is supposed to fix the freezing.  I look forward to that because my freeze-free days didn't last that long, even though I had several speedy days disabling Link Power Mgmt. emoticon.Confused.title

0 Kudos
jyan_osu
2 Iron

Jump to solution

My freeze free days have been the past month. Been enjoying using tablet for work and entertainment.  But yesterday I got a bad message and Rapid Storage is warning as well as a Windows Message everytime I start my Venue 11 Pro

0 Kudos
DPCDell
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having similar issues at LITTLEB69.

95% of the problems and freezing is when in Tablet/Mobile mode and they are random from:

Black screen after power-on and several tries before it actually displays anything on the screen, freezes, sometimes a huge power use, display glitches and my keyboards still disconnect and sometimes it wont detect that it is not docked anymore so i have to reeboot to get the on-screen keyboard 

and as said  thiese are random.. some days it just Works!

I do sometimes get freezing when I dock the tablet but it is far less often. 

For now I am still patient.. but if nothing changes soon I will have to make a negative decesion.

0 Kudos
Wagnersc84
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Brian, I observed something that could help you solving the freezing issue.

My V11 froze today with my slim keyboard connected, using internet explores and was not getting back. hepatic feedback worked when I touched the windows button and when disconnected the keyboard it did make the disconnecting sound. I pressed the power button and it went to sleep, and immediately after I pressed it again it came back from sleep working well. Apparently everything was functioning but the display.

Anyone experienced the same response when the freezing issue happened?

0 Kudos