Highlighted
lixothetinman
6 Indium

Warranty Joke of the year!!!

Sit down, you're going to enjoy this.

Like everyone else who bought a first gen st 2 I also have the screen rotation issue.

My seller, an AUTHORIZED DELL DEALER, gave me a link to the Dell website. Got to the chat section, was redirected 4 times before the chat dropped. 

Phoned. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Left a fair, honest review for the purchase, and a nice rep gave me a link to the forum, where he suggested I would get help.

For a known issue on a defective unit.  UHHHHhhhh, ok.

Posted the topic, and another rep msg'd me. Took him 4 days to ask the "Who, what, where" questions, one at a time. 

On the fifth day, he tells me my unit isn't registered. But WAIT! I was ready for that one. My ST# clearly shows this:

Warranty Information
  • Next Business Day Support Warranty with an end date of 02/03/2014. See the Warranty Tab for details.
Thought I was being smart! But apparently, it's registered, only not to me, so he c an't help me till it's in my name. Even though it's a DEFECTIVE UNIT WITH A KNOWN ISSUE. 
K. So i go to transfer the warranty for the NEW IN SEALED BOX TABLET  I PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED DELL DEALER. 
Only problem, I can't transfer the warranty according to DELL. I what? Did i say it was NEW IN BOX?
K. So I simply register as a new owner with a legal address in the US, where I purchased my unit. But the DELL Registration webpage has a glitch on the ZIP code area and won't allow the input. After multiple attempts, I give up and register the unit through my legal Canadian address, and wait - - I have to now wait 10 days for the warranty to go through. To go through what??? What exactly does Dell have to do to make the warranty 'go through'???
At this point, it would seem that I, a DELL CUSTOMER, have just been royally screwed. Maybe. I won't bother to ask if this makes any sense, because in a way it does. Everything has been done to encourage me to give up on this warranty claim, but I'm not that kind of person.
I'm retired (at 45) and write books - both hardcover and ebooks. My pen name is Paul Dayton. Check out my website which has been visited by people in over 60 countries, or better yet, buy one of my books here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044KMP3C.
My next book is on fraud, particularly but not exclusively insurance fraud. Most people who know me ill say I'm a reasonable man. As such, I expect a company to treat me decently, and reasonably. When this doesn't happen, I get very frustrated. So all my conversations have been copied and pasted - just in case I get another excuse.
0 Kudos