Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JL

February 13th, 2014 12:00

What is this security code tag that I found in the box?

So I just ran an optional update on my Pro tablet, and while it was running, I went about doing other things on my desktop computer.

After a while, I noticed that the tablet screen was on, but dark gray/blue.  It was stuck!  I eventually got it back to life by holding the power button down for 10 seconds.

That leads up to this question.  I was searching for my manual, which I haven't found yet, but in the process, I found a kind of plastic tag in the tablet box.  It says to scratch off the security code and enter it at a website.  I never saw this tag before.  I never entered the security code.  What is it?

480 Posts

February 14th, 2014 09:00

I think I found the answer.  I believe that the tag came with the folio case that was bundled with the 64Gig tablet at Costco.

The code is to verify that the case is not counterfeit.

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/2013/05/a-puzzling-anti-counterfeiting-check/

214 Posts

February 14th, 2014 16:00

Sorry you didn't win anything... :emotion-6:

February 19th, 2014 22:00

Annoying. I ordered a Dell case for my Venue 8 and the case arrived with the same tag. It's very annoying because 

1. The website www.t3315.com doesn't exist (anymore?)

2. There is no explanation from Dell why they are asking us to follow the instructions. So you and I waste are time trying to figure it out. 

480 Posts

February 19th, 2014 22:00

The website is there.  I got to it by clicking on the link in your post.  It's in some Asian print, but if you click on English, it displays a text box for entering your code.

2 Posts

September 14th, 2014 21:00

I put t3315 by itself in google search and it showed the English t3315; I think this is Dell's way of trying to show you have purchased an authentic Dell product because it says "your product is an official Dell product" or something to that affect. But what happens when someone counterfeits the anti counterfeit tag?  I was also instructed by Dell to download a driver update for my Venue 8 pro but Norton blocked it as being a trojan-like virus, so who knows what is what anymore!!!!! Guess it's just the world we live in now!!!

1 Message

October 21st, 2014 12:00

i cnt change language in english in t3315.com                                                                                           

so,please help me and suggest me how i could chng language and input my code?????

915 Posts

October 21st, 2014 21:00

I would be hesitant to enter a code, where I don't know what the site is and what the code is for.

Unless it's the Golden Ticket from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" . . . .

For whatever it's worth, I didn't get a code/ticket as you did.  Also, you can find the manual(s) for your device at its Dell downloads webpage. 

1 Message

October 21st, 2014 22:00

nice

480 Posts

October 21st, 2014 23:00

i cnt change language in english in t3315.com                                                                                           

so,please help me and suggest me how i could chng language and input my code?????

I don't see the English option there anymore, just the Chinese.

1 Message

November 4th, 2014 07:00

1 Message

November 13th, 2014 09:00

check this out..

828 Posts

November 17th, 2014 13:00

That is included on the cases that are sold as optional accessories.  As mentioned above, it is intended to prevent counterfeit items from being sold.  

2 Posts

December 5th, 2014 10:00

I have 2 security code tags. What now?

480 Posts

December 5th, 2014 14:00

"I have 2 security code tags. What now?"

1. Sell it on Ebay

2. Give it to a friend

3. Put it in your junk drawer

4. Stick it on an Xmas present to baffle the recipient

5. Nothing - It's not going to affect anything in any way

:emotion-2: