Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2010 07:00

When will Dell pickup my Streak for return?

I bought a Streak direct from Dell UK in August. It was immediately apparent to me this wasn't going to work. First, there was a manufacturing problem with the case. Second I wanted to use it for car satnav and this proved impossible. Google Maps lost data connection in my part of the country very frequently and the alternative satnav app Copilot, which doesn't need a data connection, simply wouldn't run.

So two days after receiving I called and got a return agreed. I was told I couldn't return the thing myself Dell had to do it and would pick up the device the next working day.

That was two weeks ago. I've phoned and emailed asking when someone will pick up the Streak. I was told it was about to happen, then it would happen last Thursday, then Friday. No one's tried to pick it up. No one in customer services responds to my emails. I'm getting fed up phoning your CS line on a premium rate number then hanging on for ages only to be told it will be picked up. The last conversation someone promised to ring me back. Guess what? Never happened.

The Streak and the satnav kit have been sitting downstairs boxed waiting to be picked up for two weeks and I've spent days staying  in the house waiting for a courier who never shows. When this thing appears on my credit card I will inform the card company of the situation so Dell will not be paid.  I'm not phoning or chasing on this any more. Kindly get someone to contact me and sort this out or you'll have no payment and no Streak.

70 Posts

September 12th, 2010 12:00

Its because you are a valued Dell customer!  If you were not valued the Service would be really bad and they would ignore your requests and treat you as a nobody! :emotion-2:

10 Posts

September 12th, 2010 13:00

That's funny as I've had my Dell Streak now for less then 7 days when I emailed Dell UK TWICE about wanting to return the item. Never received a reply. 

Funny is that you do not receive a confirmation email or email ref. number, so obviously I can't prove that I've sent the emails in time to make use of my "7day return" right.

Bet it's going to take a few more days before they reply and then they will tell me it's too late to return it.

But I will go down the same route as you, dispute the transaction with my Bank.

Maybe Amy can help?

8 Posts

September 12th, 2010 14:00

I phoned them on 0844-444-3246 and there's never a problem. Friendly people who say, fine we'll sort it. But it never gets sorted. I do have a case reference number so  I can't have any arguments about 'you didn't ask for a return in time'. 

I also emailed cs support which promised a reply in 24 hours - nothing. And am still waiting for the callback from Friday I was promised. This is on an Amex card and I can assure Dell - you really won't get paid. 

Have just placed an order for an XPS Studio 16 - hope that's less hassle.

370 Posts

September 12th, 2010 22:00

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the return/pickup issues. If you want to send me a private message with your service tag, I can look into it.

Thanks,

Amy

September 13th, 2010 21:00

this is tyhe same poor level of porkies ive been hearing for one week despite spending 3 working days at home.

DELL, YOU ARE BLOWING IT BIG TIME COZ I HAVE A DEAD PHONE WHICH YOU WONT PICK UP BUT KEEP APOLOGISING,

8 Posts

September 14th, 2010 00:00

Sigh... it was supposed to be picked up yesterday. Once again - nothing. I can't believe a big company like Dell can treat its customers this way. I am now contacting the credit card company so this money will be retrieved from Dell. The Streak will go in a cupboard in case they ever come to claim it back. Unbelievable...

September 14th, 2010 04:00

Go for it mate and get your money back.

Dell would never treat USA customers like this and they knew of these problems way before lauch and that is why they lauched a lousy product in the UK because

they see our market as laid back and forgiving.

they would never try this in the USA.

8 Posts

September 14th, 2010 05:00

If you buy on a credit card in the UK you are covered by UK consumer legislation. The card company will claw back the payment in these circumstances, no arguing. 

Am amazed I still have no response from Dell's CS service which promises an answer in 24 hours.

11 Posts

September 14th, 2010 19:00

Sorry to hear your having problems. I  live in the UK and got mine picked up on the day they said they would after the 2.1 fiasco, but  it may be because it was returned for repair and not a refund.

8 Posts

September 15th, 2010 02:00

Coming up to three weeks since this faulty Streak was supposed to be picked up. No one has. No emails replied to, no calls returned. What on earth is going on here?

8 Posts

October 5th, 2010 04:00

For anyone else dealing with similar problems... Dell finally picked up the faulty/unsatisfactory Streak after five weeks. They have not so far refunded my money. So I am down £479 and have no product. Appalling.

28 Posts

October 5th, 2010 05:00

Well good luck to get the refund.....I m still struggling to receive my replacement unit.

After this no more dell product at home as far as I m concerned

8 Posts

October 6th, 2010 07:00

I have to say Dell seem to take no notice whatsoever of consumer protection legislation in the UK. They have broken every rule and now do not respond to my repeated requests to tell me why the money hasn't been refunded. This could end up in the Small Claims Court which will, I hope, be very embarrassing for them.

No Events found!