Fabri91
2 Bronze

RE: Windows 10 build 9926 unusually high CPU utilization on Venue 11 Pro 7130 i3

Jump to solution

And it's back: after the latest Windows updates WDF returned. I'll just let it run this time and see if it disappears.

0 Kudos
Fabri91
2 Bronze

RE: Windows 10 build 9926 unusually high CPU utilization on Venue 11 Pro 7130 i3

Jump to solution

It disappeared when in control panel I agreed to "finish installing drivers", which in my case was a the control center for MS mice and keyboards.

0 Kudos
Fabri91
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It returned after the latest BIOS updates, which include an update of the Management Engine firmware. Device manager after installing also the newest audio drivers shows no missing drivers, so this time there is no obvious alternative to letting it run.

0 Kudos
Dgriff
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  The flickering was driving me nuts trying to figure it out.  On mine, number 6, was under Intel Graphics/Properties/Power  

Relief, now I can move on.

0 Kudos
stevecoops
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How did you enable hibernation? I can't seem to do it on my tablet.

0 Kudos
Fabri91
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

To summarize what I've found out for now:

I performed a clean startup, i.e. no non-MS services enabled (can be done from msconfig), followed by restarts enabling all those services one after the other (they should be at most a dozen) and it appears that the Realtek Sound Service is the culprit. Disabling it solves the problem most of the time with no apparent ill effects.

When it comes up the process is easily killed via task manager with, again, no apparent ill effects, but this surely isn't the optimal way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RichVicary
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Have followed instructions on here but am still unable to get touchscreen fucntioning....have updated bios to A15 tried to use Win8.1 drivers, as well as search MS Update but no joy.

Any help appreciated...

Thanks

0 Kudos