Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 22nd, 2011 16:00

Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

I've read that Microsoft has released Mango to manufacturers, which begs the question...when will I be able to upgrade my Venue Pro?

2 Posts

September 9th, 2011 22:00

Well, I couldn't wait and I found this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1215501

Instructions are good, but make sure you uninstall the version of Zune you are running on your PC and install the version included in the package. Do not install the updates. Otherwise you'll have problems on the final upgrade to 7.5. 

Good luck! I was successful but guarantee nothing.

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2011 04:00

Yeah! I want to know that too!!!

Can anyone from Dell please answer this question?

6 Posts

August 25th, 2011 00:00

When your provider releases the update.

72 Posts

August 25th, 2011 04:00

ankit

2 Posts

August 25th, 2011 04:00

I know that too, it would be just a great nod from Dell to its costumers when we could expect a release of it. Come on that ain´t too hard, is it?

18 Posts

September 27th, 2011 08:00

If your still interested the Mango update (7.5) begins rolling out from now.

Whether or not this includes DVP I'm not 100% on but I'd imagine it does.

The following Microsoft Website currently shows most carriers and carrier-free devices are scheduling which essentially means imminent.

http://mango.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-world.aspx

11 Posts

September 27th, 2011 14:00

While 7.5 (Mango) is released today, Dell/T-mobile appearantly aren't going to release the upgrade to Venue Pro customers until the end of Oct.  Pretty lame.

Dell, why the delay? We want our Mango!

5 Posts

September 27th, 2011 21:00

My phone updated today. I wonder why others aren't getting it. The "Where's my update" page on windowsphone.com says that its being delivered.

I'm having issues with the visual voicemail. It simply will not connect.

18 Posts

September 28th, 2011 03:00

If you're not receiving the update there's a trick that sounds a bit odd but it fools Zune into downloading and installing the RTM Mango release which worked a treat for me - it's a bit odd but it does work.

windowsphonehacker.com/.../how_to_trick_zune_into_installing_mango_now-09-27-11

With regards visual voicemail, that will only work if your carrier supports and enables it.

8 Posts

September 28th, 2011 11:00

I used the trick Zune method above, and the upgrade to Mango worked.  Only thing is that I can't get any compass apps to work.  The WinPhone Info app does report that my comapass api is supported.  Anyone have a working compass?

370 Posts

September 30th, 2011 15:00

Mango update starting for unlocked, T-Mobile locked versions of the Venue Pro

Please see recent Direct2Dell blog update here:

lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Thanks,

Amy

No Events found!