Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2011 20:00

Windows Phone 7 updates for Venue Pro 2 versions behind

Today I saw a post that showed the latest versions for Windows Phone 7 at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.aspx, but when doing the update process thru Zune or over-air it says my Venue Pro has the latest version 7.0 (7004).  This apears to be 2 revisions behind.  Is anyone else seeing this with their Venue Pro?

8 Posts

March 29th, 2011 11:00

I just pluggged in my DVP and it is currently installing the Feburary Update.  Hopefully the March one is next.

17 Posts

March 22nd, 2011 21:00

It's not just you and quite honestly don't be surprised if it never comes before your contract is up. The Venue Pro has specific issues that other Windows Phone 7 aren't experiencing. The question then becomes does letting these Microsoft updates come to the Venue Pro make these issues better or worse... ? There's going to have to be some major coordination between Dell and Microsoft to properly update and correct these issues without breaking anything else. Given Dell's superbly quick and efficent way of addressing any issues with any of their other products, you may just realistically be looking at the most up to date version that the Venue Pro will ever get.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2011 17:00

Microsoft has just released the 'NoDo' update for Windows Phone 7. This will be rolled out as the carriers begin sending messages to the phones, which could take weeks to cover everyone. Carriers do not have the option to not update the phones (They may skip one update, but this will then be rolled into the next, and as you have noted, there are already two updates out). Dell isn't behind on this one. I'm anxious to get my first update as well.

17 Posts

March 23rd, 2011 17:00

@Pritter: I sure would love to share you enthusiasm about this update actually coming in a timely manner. I do know that T-Mobile is the designated carrier here in the US for the Venue Pro. The only other Windows Phone 7 that they carry is the HTC HD7 and those did get the first "minor" update. Just an uneasy feeling.

6 Posts

March 23rd, 2011 20:00

The Indian version for the Venue Pro has shipped and it has shipped with the NoDo update.  I'm wondering if they are having the same problem as those of us here in the U.S. with the U.S. version or if those have been fixed in the latest models that they are getting.

8 Posts

March 24th, 2011 06:00

15 Posts

March 24th, 2011 15:00

The Indian version does indeed have the NODO update as its primary OS.  But, what is more important to me is the Firmware.   The Indian version has a new Firmware and radio.  Now the radio could be region specific, but the firmware appears to be a different version.

so the question I have is, will everyone get the firmware update, or, well....will we get it too?

5 Posts

March 27th, 2011 11:00

I've had my DVP for about 3 weeks. I saw the schedule that said that the Dell Venue Pro update was "scheduling". I saw another post that said that the DVP and T-mobile (which is my carrier) would be receiving the update "in the next few days". So i also hooked up my DVP to do the update through Zune and mine says it is up to date with the same version you have 7.0(7004). I was really hoping NoDo would be available now  to those who want to update kinda like microsoft does updates for other products (an Update Now button). I would love to know who is actually getting the NoDo update. I've been having problems keeping my DVP connected to my Ford Sync (another Microsoft product) and i am hoping that with NoDo, i will get the same trouble free connection that non-microsoft OS phones are enjoying with Ford Sync. If anyone has received the notice for update, i would love to hear it.

17 Posts

I just pluggged in my DVP and it is currently installing the Feburary Update.  Hopefully the March one is next.

Can you report back and let us know how it goes? Any issues? Thanks!

8 Posts

It only installed the Feburary update, 7.0(7008)  no problems it took about 10 minutes hopefully the march one will show up at some point today, I will try again in a couple hours.

6 Posts

March 29th, 2011 20:00

7.0 (7008)

That's what I'm at now.  After that update when I enable wifi and went to the marketplace it promptly froze.  Is the wifi freezing issue universal to all DVPs? 

Kal

6 Posts

March 29th, 2011 21:00

So not every phone has that problem.  That's important information.  Thank you.

5 Posts

I am not experiencing the freezing issue on my DVP. The only problem i have is related to bluetooth connectivity with Ford Sync. BTW, i also got the Feb 2011 update today.

17 Posts

7.0 (7008)

That's what I'm at now.  After that update when I enable wifi and went to the marketplace it promptly froze.  Is the wifi freezing issue universal to all DVPs? 

Kal

Seems pretty prevalent. There's a thread here regarding the crashing issues and possible fixes/work arounds. This update wasn't meant to fix that issue or any others for that matter. It was an update prepping the phones for future updates...lol. HTC HD7 reportedly starting receiving the "NoDo" update today.

No Events found!