drstjohn
1 Copper

RE: Workaround for Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 resume from sleep issue and wireless flakiness

just purchased a 7140 a few days ago and just saw this happen for the first time.  hope it's not a regular thing

0 Kudos
Drerunsit
1 Copper

RE: Workaround for Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 resume from sleep issue and wireless flakiness

I am experiencing the same two issues referenced in the original post:

1.) Wireless NIC does not connect back to the default Wi-Fi network when resuming from sleep. It shows the Wi-Fi icon with a little red "X" and the only way to fix it is to go to the adapter settings, "Diagnose this Connection." Even then, it will occasionally fail to restore the wireless NIC functionality and a restart is required.

2.) When resuming from sleep, the tablet has a black screen. Pressing the Windows key generates a vibration, but nothing else happens. The only way to recover from this is to hold the power button for ~15-20 seconds, then power it back on.

I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 (5130-32 bit). It's been well over 1 year since this issue initially presented on these tablets. Is there not an official solution to the problem?

0 Kudos
elfaroui
1 Copper

For the wireless issue while resuming from sleep, try wireless driver Version 3.7.2.55,A03 which was released on 6/26/2014, that should resolve. Below is link to the 32 bit driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=RCMHN&fileId=3382639415&os...

0 Kudos
golife
1 Copper

Hi all

Bought a Venue Pro 11 (5130) a few weeks ago from Dell Outlet here in the UK and been having lots of issues with connected standby and other weirdness despite installing all the latest drivers etc. I flashed latest A08 bios earlier today but that also made no difference but Venue Pro 11 was / is still using it when I did the following:

• Full factory reset, created local Windows account etc and rebooted = no problems with connected standby with or without mobile keyboard.
  • Install all the Windows Updates (not dell ones) including Windows 8.1 Update 1 = no problems with connected standby with or without mobile keyboard.
  • 24 hours later, several reboots, installing my normal programs etc and I have several connected standby readings that are all green which would give me about 5% battery loss over 15 hours 'sleep' :)

At this point I would guess that installing the latest Dell drivers inc touchscreen etc now probably wouldn't cause any issues as when I did the exact same procedure with my Asus T100 i.e. installing driver updates that seemed to cause connected standby issues BEFORE a full factory reset but now afterwards on a clean Windows 8 install the T100 has been trouble free ever since.

With all this mind does anyone think there is any chance that flashing new bios / firmware files on Windows 8 tablets with connected standby doesn't actually ever make the same changes / fixes as when done on or before a new Windows install?

My best guess is that something gets stuck / not updated and will never fix itself until Windows is factory reset which if others having similar issues on their Venue Pros can try themselves then maybe we might be closed to be able to providing a fix for everyone?

Bow Legs Correction Exercise

Bow Legs Correction Exercise

0 Kudos
tj_moore
2 Bronze

Install latest bios and update to Windows 10, let it update to all the latest updates inc the Anniversary Update. Problems seem to have gone away.

Although I think Win 10 now just disables connected standby or something. After a while the device is properly powered off, but resume from off is fairly quick and barely any need for connected standby.

0 Kudos