D13H4rdNL
1 Nickel

RE: Workaround for Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 resume from sleep issue and wireless flakiness

So, the funny thing is that when I follow your steps the TPM Administration (in BitLocker Drive Encryption within Control Panel) seems to be activated and can be turned on from here...........

0 Kudos
magdap
6 Indium

RE: Workaround for Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 resume from sleep issue and wireless flakiness

try this

http://de.community.dell.com/support_forums/mobile/f/109/p/2159/6029.aspx#6029

0 Kudos
bnsilva
1 Copper

I had the same issue with the 5130, in my case worked set Fastboot / Thorough at the BIOS (POST Behavior - Fastboot - Thorough). I alredy had my BitLocker disabled.
0 Kudos
beerzy99
6 Indium

Guys the wireless issue for the dell venue 8 pro is easy to fix. Go to device manager under control panel. 1) Goto the Bluetooth - Bluetooth Radio - Power Management - "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and make sure it is unchecked 2) Goto the USB - USB Root Hub (xHCI) and uncheck the same option Good luck, works perfect for me after these changes... Cheers Alex
0 Kudos

For the wireless issue while resuming from sleep, try wireless driver Version 3.7.2.55,A03 which was released on 6/26/2014, that should resolve. Below is link to the 32 bit driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=RCMHN&fileId=3382639415&os...

As for the Black screen upon resume from sleep, providing you have the most current driver set installed, if this happens undocked, that is a new issue. anyone who still has this problem please post details.

Dell-SteveB
Client Product Strategist | MCTS, MCDST, CompTIA Security+ Certified
Follow me on Twitter: @StevebAtDell
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I have the 5130, all latest drivers - I still have the issue of sometimes having a black screen on resume from connected standby (requires hard reboot to fix, happens ~2x per week), and I still have the issue of the wireless card sometimes not working when waking from connected standby (requires reboot to fix, happens 2-3 times per week),

0 Kudos

The most current Dell Wireless 1538 WiFi/BT Driver Version 3.7.2.55, A03 released on 6/26/2014 was reported by some users to resolve problems re-establishing a wireless connecting when resuming from standby. Is it only one tablet affected by these issues or are multiple tablets doing the same thing? Is the tablet encrypted with BitLocker?

Dell-SteveB
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

My tablet (which is having these problems) is protected by bitlocker.

0 Kudos

Do you know if BitLocker using the  TPM or PTT?

Dell-SteveB
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Whatever it was set up with originally - how would I know? PCInfo just says 'device encryption is on'.

0 Kudos